• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dirtbiking around Denver/Boulder

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Not sure where to post this. I am going to a wedding in Lafayette CO over July 4th weekend. I am looking for someone to ride with Sunday July 3rd. I'm flying in so hoping a relative can haul my RMZ250 otherwise will have to rent for a day. Looking to ride either moto (thunder valley?) or some trail. I race moto in MN and ride some harescramble races so have some single track experience. Also ride mountain sled. Anyone willing to take me out for a day or atleast point me in the right direction. would like to stay within a hour or so of Lafayette if possible and not sure if I will have a vehicle to use there or not. So if someone can pick me up I would certainly pay for your fuel for truck and your bike! Thanks in advance.

Meh, take your lumps and do the wedding thing.

Track thing or maybe Rampart could be doable, but being that weekend they will be very busy. So most likely not worth the trouble?

I won't say don't go out to Rampart on the 4th like everyone else will tell you .... But I will say if you do, be there to ride right around 7:30am.

You'll have a good ride in before all the hung over drunks on quads are awake and starting to get on the trails :)

I took this picture the morning of July 4th, 2014 .... I was up on the Skeleton trail by about 8:00am and only saw one other bike the whole morning, it was awesome :) I was done riding by 2:00pm and didn't start running into quadtards until some time after 1:00pm or so :)

ForthofJulyPanorama_zps6fb2e6a4.jpg

Premium Features

Back