• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

digital gauge says shutdown

R
Feb 5, 2008
Sled is a 2009 XP X 163' 350 miles and has been running great. Today it ran great for 20 miles then shut it off to stop for a break, when I started it back up it my digital display say shut down and my spedo and tack don't work. My tempeature light and oil light and check engine light are all on and stay on and the sled beeps non stop. Sled still runs fine not a hiccup, I rode it the rest of the day and it runs fine but it says to shut her down. Any idea on whats causing this? thanks .

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
That's weird. The only time I've had it doo something like that is when I was riding on ice, not getting enough snow on the radiator. It said, "overheating, limp it back home." I thought that was kind of funny. Good luck!

R
Feb 5, 2008
Rode the sled all day today, it still says shut down an my temp light engine light and oil light were on all day and it beeped non stop. Sled ran great so who knows what the deal is. Calling the dealer in the morning to see what they say.

R
Feb 5, 2008
Took the sled to the dealer today, turns out it was a relay in there somewhere. New relay and reset the computer and it was good to go.

R
Nov 26, 2007
Display says shut down

I am having this same issue. Does anyone have any more info as to exactly what was wrong and how to fix it.?? Going riding in the morning and need help.

B
Feb 7, 2012
For my problem I remove the ECM , go to dealer and they reset it and they have two code : engine overtemp and E rave , but that happen after a ride and after a cool down???? .I reset my ECM and until this time I do 150km and everythin is ok.

soul!

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2008
vancouver island
this is happened to me as well, twice

the ecu is 09 xp 154

runs just fine just annoying to hear the beep and not have any info

dealer found no codes once and an overheat once

no relay problem

they reset ecu and i got three rides out of it and it did it again

just weird

they cant explain it

R
Mar 22, 2012
my 2009 rs 600 did that. but i caused it. i plugged the brake sensor switch in the wrong spot and so everytime i pulled the brakes it reset my systems electrical. used it for an hour or so, shut it off, started it again and it started beeping saying shut down with the check engine light and oil light on(runs premix). doesnt beep anymore and runs fine, but still says shut down with oil and check engine light on. does anyone have an idea as to what extent the damage may be?

Premium Features