• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

different suspension in a skidoo, Help with better ride

wildcard28

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has swapped out a different brand of (not aftermarket) suspension in to there skidoo or other brand sled for better ride.

for instance 2 of my riding buddies have different ones than I, one has the same chassis sled as I, one is a 97 Summit 780 mod w/151 M10 suspension, Mine is s 97 Summit 670 that has the stock sc10 136 extended to 151 with rail extension and moved back 1inch to fit a 153 challenger track and pretty good fox shocks that probably need rebuilt, they do ride better than the stock ones but still hops the crap out of you on rough trails, unlike my buddies sleds, so riding on the rough spring trails I am soar for 2 days and more after. I did have a 03 Rev Seat conversion and 6inch riser for higher rider position (that really helps an older sled) for last year and that was alot more comfortable.

My other friend has 01 or 02 Arctic cat thundercat 1000 w/159 and there sleds are awesome on the bumps and they say they don`t really notice it as much as my sled, I can understand the M10 sled for obvious reasons, I would love to own one but can`t afford the prices asked for them, so thats probably out but what about the arctic cat, I have always heard cats have good riding rear suspension, so has anyone installed one of those type suspension or a different particular suspension they like into another sled , Like a particular year of Cat suspension or Polaris or Skidoo etc. that they were impressed with?

I see some new suspensions for sale a bit like M Series 153 skids for sale,
one reason I seem to be a bit interested in the 153 suspension is cause my sled has a 153x15x2.25 track, and the rails on the newer cat and polaris skids look cool. Is there actually that much difference in ride on these or polaris supension you would suggest, And also what about the newer skidoo supension, like the sc103 or sc104 would the longer arm sc104 and be installed easy enough, or be a noticable difference campared my skid now? alot of people would say to put my money into a newer sled, but I like this one and am happy with it. Its like a custom older muscle car to me and paid for.

I would like to focus this thread more on stock suspensions and not aftermarkets, like Timbersled, Holtz etc.. would love to own either one or others too, but not in the financial cards for now.

any info or suggestion would be appreciated, also let me know what you might have for sale and we can deal.

Thanks, Darren

better ride

I have an 01 summit, it beat the s#%t out of me. I had the shocks rebuilt and revalved for aggesive riding and its a hole new sled.

Premium Features

Back