• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Did anyone order a 25 yet?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
My dealer said same. Had 15 at this time last year. And 1 so far for 24.
The big snowcheck years had to end sometime.

Poo needs a couple of years to fix their sleds and increase quality.

Doo needs to doo something that really matters like addressing rotating mass and their mountain skid.

And Cat? Well they are brand new and untested by thousands of actual consumers. So we’ll see if they really are something special.

Amazing deals on leftovers though.

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
If they’re limiting certain models there may be a component specific to those models that has limited supply. Some of those sleds on dealer lots have spent time waiting for parts updates….
Correct. It's likely that BRP ordered supplies for their 2025 build quite awhile ago with a 'forecast' of machine allotment. Where they really crap the bed is not including dealer input when making these decisions.
In other words, if a 50 sled dealer spring sold 50 freerides they wouldn't get them.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Bad year for cat to come out with a new sled lots of hype on the 858 I would not buy a first year engine from cat
Probably good they have a new sled. They will have a decent snow check. Obviously didn't get the numbers they wanted because they extended it to April 8th.
The big snowcheck years had to end sometime.

Poo needs a couple of years to fix their sleds and increase quality.

Doo needs to doo something that really matters like addressing rotating mass and their mountain skid.

And Cat? Well they are brand new and untested by thousands of actual consumers. So we’ll see if they really are something special.

Amazing deals on leftovers though.
Nothing wrong with doos skid. People are hung up on torsion springs vs coil. Doo Rides better than anything.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Probably good they have a new sled. They will have a decent snow check. Obviously didn't get the numbers they wanted because they extended it to April 8th.
Nothing wrong with doos skid. People are hung up on torsion springs vs coil. Doo Rides better than anything.
My issue with the skid is the steep approach angle at the front.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
There’s 858’s out there with 5000 plus miles on them. Last year the bitch was cat wasn’t releasing something new every week…..or king of YouTube.
Perhaps they were out getting their product tested and refined instead.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Why are there still supply chain issues?If there are not supply chain issues , what other excuse can they use to raise the price on items. Whether it is a tractor or a bicycle.Did all the people in production go on government programs. Think about it.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Supply issues are from definitely a result of gov programs….
Destroying petroleum and promoting wind and solar has monumental effects on supply chain. Shutting down US steel in PA and forcing other companies to move to dodge bs policy is crippling the US and beyond in ability to produce. Costs have soared beyond productive in many areas of production so less companies are playing the game.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Facts
Its the same every year, some dealers do well with snow check some do not, it has no bearing on the overall program. With guys riding less there will no doubt be some guys who keep their machine, which is great, they will still need oil, parts accessories etc. so all that is a good thing. Also buying more warranty is good for business to. Some guys of course say they are not buying but they probably never were either, no one knows but its fun for some to say that. Polaris really messed the market but also themselves and customers, but they had to get rid of recalled 23 which mostly are through now. Limited production is a good thing, it pushes those who really want the sled to get it and get it now and also allows for correction over just building more, something ski doo is very good at. Over all corrections in markets are part of life and how those navigate it usually shows good returns further down the road. We are snowmobilers so we will want the next shiny cool thing that will make our experience better. You can buy and xm for 5 grand and have a blast or buy brand new at 25k and have a blast and also any where in between. we just had over 10 feet of pow this past week and a half, 25 will be another awesome season. And the QR codes were fun, fun to create, fun to come up with ideas and many enjoyed it, of course some will always bug us and what the company is doing but remember this sport is all about FUN, you don't have to participate in any of it but its always more FUN if you DOO!

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
I ordered a 2025 Summit-X Turbo 165. I have been riding a 2020 Summit-X 175 that I built into my dream sled. That year was a kick in the nuts as I went from an XM to an 850 then mid season in 2020 the turbo comes out..........gosh dang it any ways!! So I have been riding my 2020 and steering clear of throwing a leg over friends turbo sleds so the temptation wasn't there. Then this season I got goated into riding a buddies 2023 Expert Turbo at 8,000 ft. in good snow conditions and dang it I had to have one. Getting back on my sled that day felt like getting back onto a moped power wise........just incredible the difference.

So hopefully 3rd year on Gen 5 some hiccups are worked out and I am pretty fired up for the new sled. But rest assured next year they will probably come out with a 900 twin turbo with 4" track and levitation properties.......hahaha......the way it goes it seems when I snow check..........the next year is always better.

My dealer said snow check was slow so far this year compared to the last couple. They were happy about the $1000 deposit as they had 6 people back out of sleds last fall which is tough for a dealer to keep flooring them. I believe they had 3 Freerides 2024 in there when I stopped in a couple of weeks ago. Two turbos one non-turbo so of the six backed out on they had 3 still.

Norona is right........its all cyclical. Good years bad years but those of us that ride still buy parts and oil and accessories. Here is to hoping that next winter is a good one!! I know I am stoked to have my own turbo next year.

Cheers!

Dave

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Norona is right........its all cyclical. Good years bad years but those of us that ride still buy parts and oil and accessories. Here is to hoping that next winter is a good one!! I know I am stoked to have my own turbo next year.

Cheers!

Dave
I suspect you will LOVE THAT SLED!

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
I suspect you will LOVE THAT SLED!
Thanks Christopher!

I am sure I will............I lurk on here and here all that you and others have to say about them.........and riding one finaly at elevation and in good snow I was blown away..........smiles smiles smiles..........laughing in my helmet!! Just silly fun! I have two other buds that are upgrading from Gen 4 850's to new turbos as well........next winter should be a hoot!

Dave

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thanks Christopher!

I am sure I will............I lurk on here and here all that you and others have to say about them.........and riding one finaly at elevation and in good snow I was blown away..........smiles smiles smiles..........laughing in my helmet!! Just silly fun! I have two other buds that are upgrading from Gen 4 850's to new turbos as well........next winter should be a hoot!

Dave
Thats pretty much what I found as well.,
Just simply FUN AS ALL GET OUT.
Great Sleds.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
I ordered a 2025 Summit-X Turbo 165. I have been riding a 2020 Summit-X 175 that I built into my dream sled. That year was a kick in the nuts as I went from an XM to an 850 then mid season in 2020 the turbo comes out..........gosh dang it any ways!! So I have been riding my 2020 and steering clear of throwing a leg over friends turbo sleds so the temptation wasn't there. Then this season I got goated into riding a buddies 2023 Expert Turbo at 8,000 ft. in good snow conditions and dang it I had to have one. Getting back on my sled that day felt like getting back onto a moped power wise........just incredible the difference.

So hopefully 3rd year on Gen 5 some hiccups are worked out and I am pretty fired up for the new sled. But rest assured next year they will probably come out with a 900 twin turbo with 4" track and levitation properties.......hahaha......the way it goes it seems when I snow check..........the next year is always better.

My dealer said snow check was slow so far this year compared to the last couple. They were happy about the $1000 deposit as they had 6 people back out of sleds last fall which is tough for a dealer to keep flooring them. I believe they had 3 Freerides 2024 in there when I stopped in a couple of weeks ago. Two turbos one non-turbo so of the six backed out on they had 3 still.

Cheers!

Dave
if i were you i would of waited for the 2025.5 mid year release of the gen 6

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
if i were you i would of waited for the 2025.5 mid year release of the gen 6
LOL............yea buddy that always seems to be my luck..............I am still excited but waiting to get a kick in the butt mid season next year when something "ground breaking" is likely revealed..............haha. Oh well...........the way it goes some times!

Premium Features