• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Diamond S hood for XM

H

HANDSOME

Has anyone seen Diamond s hoods or pannels for ski doo ? I was on his web site and didnt see anything but those hoods look awesome on the Pro RMK and Pro Climb.

As of a week ago he had not had a chance to look at an XM determine if it is something worth exploring.

I removed the airbox/hood assembly last night to remove all the foam. I did not weigh it but it is freaking heavy. If you could get away without having a headlight and gauges, a mesh hood would be the way to go. There would have to be some type of aftermarket airbox though as it is a fully integrated assembly. Probably the biggest weight loss possible on the XM.

how much did all the foam you took out weight ?

probably less than 1 lbs ? was it worth the hassle ?

assuming that foam doesn't get wet

It was no hassle at all! Have you ever felt your foam after a day of riding? It is water logged. BRP has to put it in there to meet DB standards. Always the first thing I do when I get my new sled every year.

It was no hassle at all! Have you ever felt your foam after a day of riding? It is water logged. BRP has to put it in there to meet DB standards. Always the first thing I do when I get my new sled every year.
i agree that it is very little work, for what you get. also when you blow a belt all the fir doesnt get all tied up in teh foam. pluss the water log stuff:yo:

Personally I don't subscribe to the water logged foam theory. Just personal preference I guess. The amount of potential weight savings is nil vs the benefit of the sound deadening and keeping it factory looking and unmolested. Again not fact just my opinion.

U
Personally I don't subscribe to the water logged foam theory. Just personal preference I guess. The amount of potential weight savings is nil vs the benefit of the sound deadening and keeping it factory looking and unmolested. Again not fact just my opinion.

Some people are in to the molested look

I was pulling the foam on mine and still had water in it from last sunday. Not soaked but quite a bit squeezed out.
Pile of foam from just one panel.
Wondering if you guys are pulling the foam from the exhaust side.

Last edited:
Pulled the foam all around and put just the heat tape back on exhaust side, I believe it makes a difference my foam was still wet and heavy after a 3-4 days in heated shop

Pulled the foam all around and put just the heat tape back on exhaust side, I believe it makes a difference my foam was still wet and heavy after a 3-4 days in heated shop

Thanks fo rthe reply. What about the shield on the clutch side? Are you removing the shield or just the foam?

I removed that extension as well. I really like it being a little more open under the hood and the clutch cover is easier to install and remove.

I pulled that as well. Plus it gives you a good place to put your goggles on top of the injector to dry them out after you park for s few min.

Premium Features

Back