• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Diamond S Hood for Dragon

O
Nov 26, 2001
Grants Pass, OR
Here's a couple of mine. No heat problems whatsoever and still on the original belt.

IMG_3912_Large.jpg

IMG_3890_Large.jpg

Last edited:

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
You can also check out SKINZ for another similar concept.

We used to make our own frame and fabric hoods back in the PRE 2 COOL Airvents days...now the stock hoods are so light (stripped) and super durable (many a daily roll over) that you don't get the performance gain as you once did. HOT PIPE and COOL AIR TO THE AIRBOX all equals my sled goes faster then yours if you don't have it going on. We now have to vent in different ways to equal what the fabric hood is doing so maybe it's a toss up.

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
the skinz hood is the best looking mesh hood i have seen for the dragon, and it is ups shippable, and includes cold air intake setup.

Ditto on the skinz hood, would like to see it!

With a turbo a mesher would be the way to go but I don't like the way they look either..:(

C

closed

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 15, 2008
Lake Stevens Wa.
Well, that is how Vinnee got his name... "Vinnie the Vent" because he vented his Dragon RIGHT up! lol ;)

Man, the mesh hoods are still ***ly............ lol

That's right! With all those vents, I'm basically running a custom mesh hood right now:D Cept it's broke:(

I'm kinda likin the looks of that Skinz hood:rolleyes:

I see a new nickname coming on:cool:

Last edited:

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
I'm putting the skinz hood on my dragon this year. I ended up doing the front end conversion to the 09. And I figured rather than taking a dremel to another belly pan. I can get better cooling and less weight with the new hood. So, I'm going for it. Ok, I was persuaded slightly by the Skinz crew. :rolleyes: I was actually quite impressed with the prototype they had last year.
Both look like good options. The fact that the Skinz is shippable by ups etc. might sway a person one way or the other.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
It does seem a little loose. I believe this is due to how it mounts on the frame. Looks like it velcros on. I assume this is for easy removal. I appoligize, I haven't even seen mine yet. So, I can't answer all the specifics yet.
I'm not familiar with the Diamond S so I don't know how it attaches. Or, if the cover is easilly removable. It does look like a very nice unit as well.
They both seem to share the fact that the hood still hinges, they keep the guages and have a spot for aftermarket lighting.
As was stated, the skinz is ups shippable.
Not sure if it really matters, but I do like the removable panel for extra venting. The Diamond S is always open. Which I guess if you are running a mesh hood thats what you want anyway. Sorry, just comparing the 2.

Premium Features