• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

det sensor

what are some symptoms my det sensors gone i think mine might be gonezo lol it wont rev up det light came on . at first i thought it blew yup or something but it still has good compresion so i dono

what year sled? could be a bad temp sensor, common to go to hell on those without warning.

what are some symptoms my det sensors gone i think mine might be gonezo lol it wont rev up det light came on . at first i thought it blew yup or something but it still has good compresion so i dono

Is the temp light on solid, or flashing? Solid is temp, flashing is det. Now that you are home and it cooled down, does it still do it? Are you sure it was not just hot coming down the trail? The temp senors go bad alot. They are cheap and that is where I would start.

yea like i said start with the temp sensor, its like $20 and super easy and could save you alot of thinking and headaches.

for good measure, i carry a a new spare temp sensor on the sled, i had one take a chit on me last year, and it was pretty much impossible to drive, so it was a nice 55mi tow back...

its a solid light so i guess that means its the temp sensor and no it wasnt just hot because it still dose it. thanks guys il try the temp sensor and let ya know

is there anyways to bypass this i really want to get sledding tomorrow and i was told you can but i cant figure it out i just want todo it for the day because the new sensor wont be here till next week

ik well today i got the sensor in it worked good for about 2 min's then it did the exact same thing all over again same thing lights back on and runs like **** . its weird it worked for a few minets th elight was off ran good then bam back to square one again . THE SLED RUNS FINE IN REVERSE you can rev it out easy haha . it driveing me nuts alll i wana go is go ride it i just got it running good .....any ideas guys?

everyone seems to say if the lights on solid it is temp sensor and if it flashes its the det sensor. but yesterday the light was on solid and i put the new temp sensor in and it worked good for a minet. i did put teflon tape on the sensor when i put it in could that be why maybe does it need a ground?

Anyone know what the resistance of the sensor is for a cold motor? If anyone can tell you. All you need to do is put the resistor across the wires going to the temp sensor. You should be able to buy the resitor at any electronics store. This would tell you if it's the sensor or something else. I know that's all SLPs bypass is but I don't know what the resistance is for the Polaris sensors. On the Yammies it was 22 Ohms I think.

Trace the wires. I have seen them rubbed back behind the airbox,under the carbs, and around the steering post. Sounds like you have a cracked,rubbed,shorted wire somewhere. I hate trying to trace those things down. We had one that the wire was broke inside the plastic and had no visible damage on the outside. Good luck

Premium Features

Back