• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Det Sensor help

sledhappy

Premium Member
Nov 22, 2008
I am in need of some help problem solving the det sensor on my 11 pro. I am running a Boondocker turbo 2860 with intercooler and timing key. Clutching is MDX weights black green spring secondary 46 straight helix black orange spring. The sled has ran like a top until the last ride of last year and it started hitting the det sensor when I was on and off the throttle. It has continued into this year. If I get on the throttle and hold it no det sensor if I am on and off up a hill or on it for a while then off and right back on it will det sense on me. I have tried 5-10# of boost, richened and lowered the fuel numbers (tried 6# on premium and 10 with race added and everywhere in between (tried timing key in and out)), don’t think its clutching I’m 8100. Its not every time but a couple times a ride and enough that I don’t trust it.

Does any one have any ideas? I would love some feedback it’s stumping me.

PS just did the top end last week for maintenance and trying to figure it out. Same thing this weekend

J

jetski

Dec 12, 2010
What did you put for a top end? What elevation? I to experience the lovely det lights

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
what are you running for fuel ?? easy test, drain tank, put in few gallons of 100% race gas, c16 if light does not go off your fuel was garbage, if light goes on the sensors wacked cause it not gunna det with c16 in it. I would first suspect the fuel, and if its any type of pump gas blend ill put money on it, we test pump gas and holy balls does it vary load to load so much so that I would not run it in any preformance motor, blend of not...we have seen 91 testing at 85 octane btw.....best of luck !!:face-icon-small-coo

Oh also take a good look at your motormounts cause if when on and off something is tapping the block it may set off the light as well, i run the slp torque strap and the mounts stay in good shape, before that... tore um up

Last edited:

sledhappy

Premium Member
Nov 22, 2008
I have a motor mount kit from SLP. I do not see you where anything is hitting. I have not tried the fuel filter yet I will put 1 on and I'll also try pure race fuel. Thanks for the ideas with the fuel filter I didn't think it would be since I it's fine on long pulls. Right now anything is worth a shot. Polaris fuel filter $109 anybody try after market?

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
I think the arctic-cat tps analyzer tool is the best/eaisest tool to test it with. Many Polaris dealers use it instead of digital wrench when they know its tps related. I suggest posting up in your local forum and seeing who has one you could meet up with.

sledhappy

Premium Member
Nov 22, 2008
Thanks for all the help. changed the fuel filter went with the jegs in line no more issues.
What's every ones thoughts on race fuel vrs av gas?

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
FYI Fuel Pumps

I am in need of some help problem solving the det sensor on my 11 pro. I am running a Boondocker turbo 2860 with intercooler and timing key. Clutching is MDX weights black green spring secondary 46 straight helix black orange spring. The sled has ran like a top until the last ride of last year and it started hitting the det sensor when I was on and off the throttle. It has continued into this year. If I get on the throttle and hold it no det sensor if I am on and off up a hill or on it for a while then off and right back on it will det sense on me. I have tried 5-10# of boost, richened and lowered the fuel numbers (tried 6# on premium and 10 with race added and everywhere in between (tried timing key in and out)), don’t think its clutching I’m 8100. Its not every time but a couple times a ride and enough that I don’t trust it.

Does any one have any ideas? I would love some feedback it’s stumping me.

PS just did the top end last week for maintenance and trying to figure it out. Same thing this weekend

I just had this same thing happen to me!! got worse over a couple rides .. Turns out it was the fuel pump!! only put out 42 psi @ idle , should be 58-60 psi...would lean out on let off and hit DET.. 3300km on sled boosted Silber

Also It is a Walbro f20000289 pump

Premium Features