• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Damn kids!

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
FAIRBANKS -- Alaska State Troopers are reporting a Fairbanks man died Saturday night near the Chena Lake Recreation Area after rolling his snowmachine off a trail.

According to the troopers' Web site Sunday, 20-year-old Fredrik Burk was riding with several friends in the North Pole area after the group had been drinking. The report said emergency responders declared Burk dead after friends found him unconscious and bleeding near a trail close to the road.

The post reported Burk rolled his snowmachine at least once and was not wearing a helmet.

Troopers are investigating the accident.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Too bad. . . Happens all too often, even in the villages(DUI) and not all much happens until something like this occurs.

S

shwee

Jan 8, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
It's not about "Damn those 20 year old kids"... It's about "Damn that's sad about that 20 year old kid with his whole life in front of him, making a stupid mistake like that."

He'll never have kids, get married and live his life. His parents will now bury their baby boy at 20 years old.

A

AkSummit

Nov 28, 2007
ALASKA
color me A$$hole-- but its all statistics in my mind...

If fools dont want to wear helmets and then do dumb $hit- then GOOD FOR ME!

Its all %'s. At least now his buddies will wear helmets.

OK- I dont want to come off as THAT BAD of an *******- So SERIOUSLY, I feel bad for those involved. We all do dumb stuff, to bad the kid paid with his life. I hope folks think about what CAN happen when everyone is having "fun".

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
It's not about "Damn those 20 year old kids"... It's about "Damn that's sad about that 20 year old kid with his whole life in front of him, making a stupid mistake like that."

He'll never have kids, get married and live his life. His parents will now bury their baby boy at 20 years old.

As a parent you never want to outlive your children...RIP...best to his family..I hope everyone young and old think about this the next time they indulge and hang a leg over a sled(or any motor vehicle)...there is time for both..just not the same time...

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
As a parent you never want to outlive your children...RIP...best to his family..I hope everyone young and old think about this the next time they indulge and hang a leg over a sled(or any motor vehicle)...there is time for both..just not the same time...

Well said AKSNOWRIDER. My prayers to the family...

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
color me A$$hole-- but its all statistics in my mind...

If fools dont want to wear helmets and then do dumb $hit- then GOOD FOR ME!

Its all %'s. At least now his buddies will wear helmets.

OK- I dont want to come off as THAT BAD of an *******- So SERIOUSLY, I feel bad for those involved. We all do dumb stuff, to bad the kid paid with his life. I hope folks think about what CAN happen when everyone is having "fun".

good to see you care so much about other people. everyone makes mistakes in their life, but some people are unlucky and their mistakes kill them. r.i.p.

B
Nov 16, 2008
Ill be the first to admit me and most of my buds will have a beer on the trail but you gotta have a head on your shoulders and be safe and sane about it. I too lost a great friend a few years back from drinking and riding. Just be safe and use that brain we all have. Thoughts go out to all families that have lost a loved one to this sport.

Reactions: shwee

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Just what we need, more bad publicity for sleders

This is a sad story in the ADN, I feel sorry for his family.... http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/596064.html

Anchorage doctor hit, killed by snowmachine.
Physician in town to treat kids was on a dog sled; 20 year old snowmachine driver may have been drinking.

A fast-moving snowmachine smashed into a dog sled outside Kotzebue on Wednesday night, killing an Anchorage pediatrician, state troopers say.

C
Nov 26, 2007
got to be pretty drunk to hit a dog sled team. people die from drinking and riding all over us no matter what age.. dam those stupid people that cant hold there liquids:beer;:eek:

Premium Features