• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cutting stinger out

H

HOOCH256

Want to cut the stinger out of my pipe on my 12 proclimb, wondering if anyone knows where to cut the pipe to make it happen??? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

What is the purpose of that stinger? And what is the benefit of removing it?

Not just restriction.

It's mostly to accommodate a different mounting location compared to a stock system.
Where the stinger mates to the muffler in a stock application isn't the same spot the stinger would need to mate to the turbo..

Hmmm that's kinda cool! Anyone out there done it to there proclimb? If so, did you ride it with the pipe stock and with the stinger removed? What was outcome?

Hmmm that's kinda cool! Anyone out there done it to there proclimb? If so, did you ride it with the pipe stock and with the stinger removed? What was outcome?

I've tested big bores with an adjustable stinger setup to figure out where to run it, on an N/A motor getting rid of the stinger will lose you a decent chunk of power. When shops do a "pipe mod" they're adding more stinger to gain power, not the other way around.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I have a 2013 proclimb with a CPC turbo on it. I ran it for a while with the stinger in the pipe. Then I cut the stinger out and ran it. I was able to run more fuel pressure and my egts dropped in the midrange.

Last edited:
I know travis at ovs said cutting the pipe to add their turbo flange was a big deal. Cut it in the wrong spot and he said it would cause a big power loss.

Premium Features

Back