• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cut Tunnel - Warranty?

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
With all of the talk of cut tunnels and people trying to decide to either cut tunnel or buy a 155” and extend rails I might be beneficial to get some feedback on warranty issues...

Has anyone had a warranty claim for engine issues, etc denied due to a cut tunnel? If so what method was used to achieve a short tunnel sled?

Has anyone had warranty work done with a shortened tunnel sled that it hasn’t been a issue?

This might be useful knowledge to help people decided which way to go. I love the 155” tunnel and 163 rails on my sled but not sure I would void a 4 year warranty because of it.

danby

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
mackenzie b.c canada
I think it will depend on your dealer and how much they want to fight for the warranty. I know it shouldn't be that way but the reality of it is your dealer determines how much they want to push or fight for warranty coverage. Personal I would go 155 and extend the rails/track that way it can be returned to stock if need be.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
If there is no over heat codes, or aluminum shavings in the cooling system that caused the engine damage, there should be no reason for denial.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
If you are a guy who trades in your sled they might not want it with a cut tunnel. I know my dealer would not accept it after they said they could not take a trade in from me when they found a dent at the front of the tunnel from a rock. Everyone knows that doesn't hurt anything.

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
If there is no over heat codes, or aluminum shavings in the cooling system that caused the engine damage, there should be no reason for denial.

I have been told the same thing from a Rep at Polaris, which is how things should be, I am just interested if anyone has had a warranty case go one way or the other

Premium Features