• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Crank cases

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
I haven't tried it on a 900, but on the 800s I tried just about everything you could imagine to avoid having to have them linebored... nothing ever worked very long.

sled_guy

dktraw

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2009
Halfway OR
05 or 06? i cant help you out on knurling your cases, but if yours our 06s i have a set of brand new in the box cases, that i would sell ya way cheaper than new price.

H

heavy d

Nov 21, 2010
I haven't tried it on a 900, but on the 800s I tried just about everything you could imagine to avoid having to have them linebored... nothing ever worked very long.

sled_guy

Why would you try to avoid a line bore? That is the fix for a 800 crank. Or should I say cases........because that truely was the problem, not the cranks (solely). The weak cases, and the incredible torque was the problem.

Q :What's the first thing Indy Dan does with a set of 800 cases ?...... A : line bore.

Reactions: guidoxpress

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
You could try it and loctite the outer race to the case and it would probably last to the trailer or half of the best powder day ever.
All that work for what? Go new or better used.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
sounds like your cases are not in spec...this isnt uncommon really..lots of variable can lead to this happening.

i would get the new cases from DKTRAW above and send them and the crank to indydan..best money ever spent ;)

P
Oct 31, 2011
I've been told by a couple of shops that they can not line bore them. Because the hole is to small on mag side and won't let the tool pass all the way through. :face-icon-small-dis

Premium Features