• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cracked Intake Boots

i took my 01 summit 800 out the last two weekends and around 4-5000 rpm it bogs like its not getting spark. i replace the sparkplugs and wires, cause on one wire the clip was broken off. after that it still did the same thing, recently found out that my intake boots were cracked, could that be the cause of it running like that? i already ordered a set of boyesen rage cages for it, i didn't really have a choice but to replace them. i just want to know if anyone else has had these problems so i don't put those on and find out that it does the same thing?

thanks,
seth

still running bad

so i thought that the intake boot thing might have been the problem. well i finally got my boyesen rage cages on monday, got them all bolted up and everything put back together, took my sled out to test it out, still runs like crap between 4 and 5 grand. but its not steady, a mechanic i talked to today said to check all my wires and make sure that i don't have one loose, but i have looked all this over but i can't figure it out, i'm pretty much stumped at this point.

TRY CLENING THE CARBS OUT. FEW YEARS BACK MINE DID THE SAME THING AND HAD SOME DELAMIDATED FUEL LINE CRAP IN THE JETS. HOPE YOU FIND OUT WHATS GOING ON

Premium Features

Back