• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CPC Proclimb Float Belt Deflection Adjuster

K
Nov 3, 2009
I added one of the CPC Proclimb Float Belt Deflection Adjusters to my 2012 Proclimb. This idea really makes sense to me. As the clutches engage and dis-engage they move and cause the belts to deflect. CPC claims up to 50 degree F lower clutch temperatures with the addition of the adjuster. "This Float/Belt deflection adjuster will perform 2 functions: First it will allow the driven clutch to float left or right on the jackshaft to self-align itself regardless if the driven clutch is partially shifted out or at full shift. This allows the driven clutch to float and perfectly align with the drive clutch and lowers clutch temperatures up to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Lowering clutch and belt temperatures will extend belt life! Second, it will provide a quick easy way to adjust and fine tune belt deflection adjustment."

This seems like a reasonable fix for the machines that blow belts. What are your thoughts??

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
I have run my secondary clutches like this for years. Granted, i havent run any of the newest sleds, and i am a polaris guy, but i have always got fantastic belt life from my machines. Most of the time i change my belts simply because they are old. In the last 7 years i bet i have only had 3 belts go boom on me.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
proclimb-float-belt-deflection-adjuster-1385239013.png

1rarel78

Feb 29, 2008
Spokane WA
Been thinkin bout buying 1 for a while. Seems like a good idea to me. May have to pull the trigger.

F

frock

Sep 13, 2005
British Columbia, Canada
I'm not impressed with mine. I ran it for about 2 miles and it's going back if CPC will take it back. I cannot get the torx locking screw on the nut tight enough to stop the nut from turning till it opens the secondary right up to max deflection. You have to remove it to get the belt off as well, can't open the secondary with it installed.

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
I'm not impressed with mine. I ran it for about 2 miles and it's going back if CPC will take it back. I cannot get the torx locking screw on the nut tight enough to stop the nut from turning till it opens the secondary right up to max deflection. You have to remove it to get the belt off as well, can't open the secondary with it installed.

Good first hand feedback, keep us posted on what cpc says.

Reactions: 1rarel78

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
I just broke my jackshaft. I have been running a float plug only this season. My dealer and a few others believe that it causes extra stress on the shaft and weakened it. However since installing no blown belts.

K

kcdavidak

Dec 4, 2007
ketchikan,ak
Pre existing

Just saying maybe already weakened from being lightly used rode only on sunny Sundays after church. Lol I don't know rack it up to shthappens .hope to get mine out soon and see what happens this yr .

J
Sep 1, 2011
S/E MN
I added one of the CPC Proclimb Float Belt Deflection Adjusters to my 2012 Proclimb. This idea really makes sense to me. As the clutches engage and dis-engage they move and cause the belts to deflect. CPC claims up to 50 degree F lower clutch temperatures with the addition of the adjuster. "This Float/Belt deflection adjuster will perform 2 functions: First it will allow the driven clutch to float left or right on the jackshaft to self-align itself regardless if the driven clutch is partially shifted out or at full shift. This allows the driven clutch to float and perfectly align with the drive clutch and lowers clutch temperatures up to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Lowering clutch and belt temperatures will extend belt life! Second, it will provide a quick easy way to adjust and fine tune belt deflection adjustment."

This seems like a reasonable fix for the machines that blow belts. What are your thoughts??

We have been running the OSP float plug since last year, and no blown belts since. I have a extra one that is brand new if someone is interested.http://www.ospracingparts.com/servlet/the-186/ARCTIC-CAT--Procross/Detail

Last edited:
Premium Features