• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CPC Fuel Press. Regulator?

S

Snopro_69

Hey just wondering if any or you guys with PC kits (or even M kits, same regulator) have trouble building pressure?? My stage 2 when it's cold out I have to whale on it at least 20-30 times for it to spin over fast enough to build pressure. Also it doesn't hold pressure for real long time when shut off. My buddies M will hold pressure over night! It doesn't leak any fuel on the throttle body side so can it be failing an passing the pressure back?? Going to do a test an seal the outlet (throttle bodies) right at regulator an see how long it holds it then.

had similar problem last year

I noticed mine after trailering back from mountain and could not get it to start to unload off trailer. fuel pressure would be around 15 or so. I started using the hot start switch and it would start in a few pulls and run like crap until it built up pressure. sometimes would have to start 2 or 3 times until it started running normal. i talked with dale and decided to try a new fuel pump. that was late in season and not sure if problem is gone or not. my kit is on a 2011 m chasis.

good luck. roger

hard starting

I think its more of a low voltage to the fuel pump to build pressure,I turn my handwarmers off throw heat switch untill running, one time even unpluged the hood, Arctic thunder just had a thread were he intalled a plug to plug in a battery to run the fuel pump to pressureize.

Ya I have to do the battery thing when it's real cold too. Also always have to throw the heat switch or it would never start (when not warmed up). Ya I think it's not turning over fast enough to create good voltage for sure. But that doesn't explain why my buddies would hold pressure over night an mine only couple hours.

Did some testing an talking to a guy today. It's def a voltage issue of the engine not being pulled over fast enough when cold. Was told you can wire diodes into the 4 wires in the harness so it creates full voltage to the pump on first few pulls. Anyone tried this?? I would assume u set the diodes up to block the voltage from going anywhere but to the pump on first pulls. Till it fires an reaches full voltage? I'm a lil confused by this concept without seeing the wiring right now. I'm an electrician so gunna mess around with some diodes.

On the Twisted kits for the 07-11 Shain uses a wiring harness that powers the fuel pump off the stock fuel pump wire and then switches to the acc plug once the engine fires. I guess that the stock fuel pump wire puts out more juice when pulling the sled over. Don't know anything about the wiring on the '12 and newer sleds, but thought I would throw that out there.

Premium Features

Back