• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Connecting rod failure

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
Anyone here have heard of connecting rods snapping ?

I broke one last weekend on a 2020 motor with 400 km on it. Took out my engine casing. Just wondering if it’s a common occurrence. My dealer said he’s never seen one in his many years of being in the sled game.

Funny thing is it didn’t even break under power. I pulled the cord and it broke. Engine didn’t even idle up long enough to power up my gauge.

Oh well .... onto engine number 5 on this sled. 5th one is gonna stay together ... right???

I realize I’ve had horrible luck with this machine. I hope Polaris will do something for me this time other than a few bucks toward parts and accessories. I’d like to get into a 2021 snowcheck for not a lot of money. I will contact customer support Monday about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Anyone here have heard of connecting rods snapping ?

I broke one last weekend on a 2020 motor with 400 km on it. Took out my engine casing. Just wondering if it’s a common occurrence. My dealer said he’s never seen one in his many years of being in the sled game.

Funny thing is it didn’t even break under power. I pulled the cord and it broke. Engine didn’t even idle up long enough to power up my gauge.

Oh well .... onto engine number 5 on this sled. 5th one is gonna stay together ... right???

I realize I’ve had horrible luck with this machine. I hope Polaris will do something for me this time other than a few bucks toward parts and accessories. I’d like to get into a 2021 snowcheck for not a lot of money. I will contact customer support Monday about that.

You are an animal!!

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
5 engines! WOW! Rods snapping seem to be happening on the FB page lately. I did the same thing on my Skidoo 850, snapped a rod and blew a hole in the crank case.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
5 engines? 1 sled? Did you even get to ride the thing??

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Some must have been under warranty, no? Your dealer said he has never see one yet you have gone thru 4, wow. All rod failures or other things too?

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
It’s going on engine 5. 4 failures. First two were early 2019 issues by original owners then I got it... I’ve blown 1 2019 and 1 2020 motors now. First one squeeked second one exploded.

Was just wondering how popular the rod snapping was.

Last edited:

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
It’s going on engine 5. 4 failures. First two were early 2019 issues by original owners then I got it... I’ve blown 1 2019 and 1 2020 motors now. First one squeeked second one exploded.

Was just wondering how popular the rod snapping was.

I hope Polaris looks(ed) at each engine to see what's up and for any improvements they can make.

Premium Features