• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Compression on a 2000 MXZ 600? Help.

L
May 25, 2009
I searched the forums, gave me some topics but when I clicked on them a page of about a thousand topics came up.....none of which were about what I asked. I guess I don't know how to use the search function.

I've had this motor since 01 and it's ran perfectly but a couple rides back the motor lost top end at the end of a ride. I did get splashed in a water hole, not sure if I sucked some or not. It has tons of power up to half throttle but past half throttle it feels like you turn the key off. Let off the throttle and it fires right back up and runs like a raped ape. At half throttle I was still faster then most other's there. I figured I had lost a reed, similar thing happened on another one a long time ago and that was what it was. I pulled the reeds and they are in great shape. I did a compression test and the mag side is 151 and clutch side is 140. I have a shop Ski-Doo manual for the 01 MXZ but can't seem to find what the compression should be or if this difference warrants a rebuild.....OUCH$$$

Been running Amsoil for the last 5 yrs with premium gas. Don't know what other info I should add.

Thought or ideas are appreciated as always.

Tom

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Compression Check

You may have a plugged main jet. Compression is OK for now.

Premium Features