• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coils or Air? - I can’t decide

P
Jan 31, 2010
Klamath Falls, OR.
To simplify this.... I am going to buy Fox shocks. I am not interested in the other brands.

In the past I had air shocks and liked them. But seems like people really seem to like the coils.

I only really ride meadows, side hills and some climbs. No real big jumps or drops. I do them. But they aren’t big by any means.

Any input would be appreciated.

• Angry
Reactions: goridedoo

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i prefer coils because if a shock fails, with a coil, you can at least get home with a relatively decent ride. if air fails, it just collapses and is useless (at least on mtn bike shocks. I assume sleds are similar)

Reactions: ullose272
S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
I dislike the feel of air.

Did not like my alpha with qs3 fox shocks at all
Disliked my ktm aer forks ....

Coils just feel more consistent and plush. As the air heats up through the day the psi increases .... probably not as big a deal in the snow ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R
Nov 24, 2014
I have ridden both the iQS fox shocks and the spring QS3 shocks, I have the QS3's on my 850 I just spent 4.5 days on them in a variety of snow coditions and for me they are the best I have ridden. Super plush firm when you need it and also a lot cheaper lol

I don't like the feel of air. I never really did. and the iQS shocks are the same for me. They are awesome though

I would go spring.

Premium Features