• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutch kit / rkt head which one first??????

Ok guys, so I have a 09 xp X 163 I weigh 210lbs and ride around 4500 to 7500ft I want to put on a rktech head with dual ring piston kit, as well as a rooster built clutch kit. Whick one do you guy think will give me the best bang for my $$$$ and which one would you buy first if you could only afford one { just bought a new house 'wife needs new couches ect} thanks

Last edited:
motor mods mean nothing without good clutching just my .02:beer;
Go with the clutching, there are a few good ones out there so look around before you jump in.

I found more gains in clutching than I did in heads and pistons. I didnt try a big bore but I rode with a few and, again, if the big bore wasnt clutched dead on it went down to a well clutched stocker.

Clutching for sure.

Jake

My .02 is get as much of the 150hp to the snow as possible and then go looking for more. I am sure whom ever you get your kit from will then be able to help you get the most out of your mods.

my.02 if your are going to get the head and pistons you need to get clutching at the same time. a modded moter will need more clutch weight ,diffrent springs maybe a diffrent helix or all the above. then a stock motor . so if you buy the clutch kit before you mod u will probably need to buy more clutch parts after you buy the head and pistons. but if you can only do one i would do the clutching . but if you can do both u will have a big smile every time you ride with your friends that are all stock.

Clutching 1st!

:rolleyes:If you ride at higher elevations, the power increases from a head are percentages of what is seen at sea level. Approx. 3% per 1000'. So having said that, you are most likely only going to be adding pin weight.
Now if add nitrous, turbo or twin pipes, you would probably be looking at a different set up

what I said.:confused:
Clutching, Gearing, Suspension. Then look at your options.

More complete version:
I said clutch it, change top gear, and get the suspension set for your weight & riding style.

Then, if or when you get a head you will probably only need to add pin weight. Oh, you will also need to rejet.

tttt

I bought it late in the season with 90 miles, Ive put on another 160 miles, it seemed to go as good as my buddies sleds and not even close to my 09 m1000. The guy bought it from ran amsoil in it from new I'm kinda woundering if the rings seated properly????

Premium Features

Back