• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch engagement has gotten lower - axys 800

What would cause my engagement rpm to decrease?

Set up - green pink, black purple, stock helix(40*), 58g’s.

Used to be 4,500 and now it’s barely 3,000. Swapped belts and it’s still the same.

Maybe 500 miles on the springs.

It was fresh last fall and didn’t ride it that much, maybe 500 miles. I have a new spring here I can try l, I just didn’t think it’d be sacked so quickly

Run thru clutch and check obvious items first ...most likely to primary spring ...
Belt condition
Belt deflection
Clutch cleanliness
Primary spring condition
Weights, bushing and pin condition
Cover bushing

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Just get yourself some TRS clutching.
Light springs, light weights.
Low helix angles.

Literally sitting in my sled right now

(haven't had a chance to ride it yet, just load it on the truck with an annoying new primary spring ;) )

This is great info. I will be packing a spare spring with me for now on. Thank you. Might save my ass and anyone else that reads this. Nothing worse than riding doubles, 15 miles back to the truck and doubles back to fix the sled when it's so far into the back country that towing it to the road is impossible.

Did you tell Tony you wanted low engagement?

I got the stuff from Murph who lives here. He had something worked out with tony for heavier 'tahoe snow'. It's not one of his setups I guess, it actually uses a stock primary spring so that's my problem. Lighter and springs, weights and helix angle though so same idea. We just got some snow so I can break the springs in soon. I might change some things, just don't know yet.

It's no big deal I was just sympathizing with riding a beat primary spring and then putting a new one in and what that does to loading sleds on a deck.

Premium Features

Back