• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch balanceing

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Anybody ever built a real deal clutch balancer?
Theres a used tire balancer for sale here wonder if I could start with that?
Find some junk crank shafts for various models and make an adapter of some sort
Or don't tire balancers read that small?

Well, keep in mind a car rim is typically spinning at 1000RPM at most. And I'd suspect a tire balancer isn't sensitive enough, given how much more even a little economy car wheel and tire weighs than a clutch. A bubble-type balancer is better than nothing, but about like trying to gap spark plugs with a ruler. That said, I wonder if it'd be possible to modify a tire balancer: at a minimum, it might be a good starting point to build your own balancer. I have no idea what the places you'd typically send your clutch use, but I'd think it's some pretty expensive equipment.

There's a handful of businesses that do it but Id like to have the ability myself.
Watching the Patric carbon video I wonder if that's what he has, a tool balancer
Saw fet brothers has a modified tire balancer shown on their website so I guess it must be possible. Looks like he has a big fly weight backing plate.

Premium Features

Back