• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clunk on engagement

C

cortez

Curious if anyone else is experiencing a hard `clunk`sound whenever the primary clutch engages with track under load? The sound is nearly identical to the clunk you get at first engagement after reversing the sled, but it happens frequently when starting on snow. I cannot simulate it in the garage with the track unloaded, or by using the brake to apply load. Sled is a 2017 with 155 x 3" track with SLP stage 2 kit and about 1000miles. Chaincase just serviced and tensioned, track just tensioned and aligned, clutches serviced about 4-500miles ago. Sled is still on warranty for another 1.5 years.

Could it possibly by the drivers slopping in the drive window of the track? I need to inspect that area for wear..

Curious if anyone else has experienced this or has any pointers on where to look. Its more annoying than anything but also concerns me that something is eventually going to let go as it does get ridden pretty hard.

Good to know, service guy at my local dealer said his '19 850 also does it....

Ahh yes, the infamous Polaris clunk. Seems to be a lifelong trait. I've had 10 Poo's since '97 and everyone of them has clunked at one time or another during engagement. Just ride it and enjoy.

It is the helix. Normal but some angles are worse than others.

Thanks guys, I'll continue ignoring it!

First year on a Polaris after 12 years in the DOO crowd so just getting used to the different feel, sound and performance. Great sled so far!

Premium Features

Back