• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clubs

907riders.com

Mar 23, 2009
Wasilla, AK
www.907riders.com
Today the Oxygen & Octane Show we joined another snowmachine club..

Curry Ridge Riders.. They maintain the trails in Petersville. We will never go on a "Club Ride" but we will participate in trail clearing and donating money to the club.. http://www.curryridgeriders.com/index.htm

We are also members of Anchorage Snowmobile Club. Next club meeting is Oct 20th at the IBEW off Denali.. http://www.anchoragesnowmobileclub.com/

It's important to join these organization as they are the ones to fight the battles to keep our riding areas open or the trails smooth for the ride into the freshies..

You can also help these clubs by filling out Ski-Doo's million dollar club support. Each one recieved gives $10.00 to the club.. Don't forget to fill one out for each member of your family!! http://www.curryridgeriders.com/Linked%20Files/Certificate_print.pdf

Take a minute to join it's only $30.00 a year for a family membership for each club..

H
Dec 3, 2007
Washington
Club meeting was good. They had the director of the Iron Dog race, Dennis do a slideshow presentation of the entire race. Was really neat. Gave away 200 dollars, too bad I did not win. Also had many door prizes, still did not win. Some of the rides looked awesome, especially the one to Rainy Pass. Think Snow!

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
I donate to curry ridge riders every year. They do a great job keeping the trails nice in petersville, makes for a good time when I take kids riding.

Jason

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Oh, by the way...for you mountain guys.

The Anchorage Snowmobile Club (I am on the Board of Directors) offers safety training scholarships to members.

Basically, if you take any classes or courses relating to snowmachine safety, upon successful completion of the class, the club will reimburse you for up to $250.00 per year.

In my case, the Alaska Avalanche School put together a snowmachine specific avalanche safety class for this year. It costs $315.00 but the school offered a 10% discount to club members for early registration so my cost was $283.50. After the club's reimbursement my total out-of-pocket cost for the class will be $33.50 plus gas to and from Girdwood/Turney.

CPR/First Aid, survival classes from places like Learn-to-Return, and any and all avy training are eligible.

You can join today and take the class tomorrow.
$25/year for a single and $35/year for your entire family

And not all our rides are limited to poking around the trails in Willow. There are some talented mountain riders in the club and we like to check out new places to ride. For instance, this year we're going to Rainy Pass (sorry ride is full)

Club membership (any club) is a great way to contribute towards keeping riding open in Alaska. Please consider joining your local club.

Premium Features