• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clean Air Intake

A

AKLankford

Oct 13, 2009
Wasilla, AK
Thinking about taking off the big ol air box and either replacing with the BDX air box or the Timber Sled Clean Air Intake. Does either of these kits need re fuel mapping or a control box? If anyone has either of these on their M8 let me know and id appriecate the information.

Last edited:
K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
timbersled intake doesn't need it but if you got a pipe you may depending i think on fuel pressure, my box hasn't arrived yet :confused: i am running the timbersled intake with the slp pipe package on a 08m8 and its lean in the top end so i am going to install a regulator and try to pump up the pressure to see if that will clean up the top end. It worked fine though with just the intake and can with no box @ 3000-7000 ft hope that helps.

Last edited:

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
have several buds running the full slp with timbersled or bdx intake no controller. 5k and up in elevation. they've been running them this way since the 07's came out with no failures, with just an intake you'd be fine. they are M8's...

JFro50

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2009
Hamburg, MN
I have a t-sled intake on a 09 x-fire SP. Does not need a box unless you do more than intake and can. The intake really cleared up the gassy low end.

B
Dec 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
either intake will be fine. I personally like my timbersled. You just need to make sure you get it installed properly so there are no leaks (much better fit and finnish now with the update kit). Just check it with a flashlite from inside the intake to make sure of no holes. As for holding up in trees. Its not the intake that will take abuse in the trees, its the vents that you need to install with both intakes to have enough flow that will take abuse. I personally have the bdx snow screens on my hood to cover up the big holes.

B
Dec 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
you wont be disapointed in your choice. I would get some extra nose vents or frog skins or something to allow some more air in the nose of the beast so that in deeper powder you will still be getting the air you need and you dont bog.

Premium Features