• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chinese turbos

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Anyone know much about these garret knockoffs on eBay? Looks like some company's such as Silber and push are using them on some of Their kits. Looking for people with personal experience with them, and curious what Chinese brand of turbo they are running.
A google search turns up a bunch of buyer be wares. Not much good said about them at all. But there must be good and bad company's building these. Don't think silber or push would put a turbo on their kits that's glued together! But wait, I guess Polaris glues their sleds together . So maybe?????

Last edited:
supyjymy.jpg

maybe it will help get the price for one to a more sane point. you can buy a complete setup for a car for well under 1k but 5k for one for a sled???

maybe it will help get the price for one to a more sane point. you can buy a complete setup for a car for well under 1k but 5k for one for a sled???
If you bought one for a car you would understand why its 1k. its absolute garbage, generic parts, i have worked with some of those parts and most of it isnt even usable. you could never get a functioning setup using one. the stuff we get for sleds is a LOT higher quality and complete kits.

the chinese turbos that the G kits had are nothing special, they work but for the most part are undersized for sled applications and make a lot of heat and not a ton of power.

5k worth of quality? competition drives lower prices. in the snowmobile world it seems if you put a ridiculous price on anything the masses will be beating down your door to buy one:)

5k worth of quality? competition drives lower prices. in the snowmobile world it seems if you put a ridiculous price on anything the masses will be beating down your door to buy one:)

Or sometimes you just end up selling the sled so you don't have to buy overly spendy stuff. Don't wanna name any sleds or company's.

1100T. EVO

Yes the little G spot turbo, I had a link to the one push uses but I can't find it right this sec.

If all you want is 6-8psi then this little bugger could be alot of fun. But anything above that it creates a lot of heat because of the tiny exhaust housing. So push added injectors in the charge piping to help cool the charge air. With the extra heat you will have to mix in more octane even at lower boost levels. Its not the biggest and baddest but for a budget build they are kind of intriguing. Clearly some on ebay are held together with polaris glue, I'll try and find the correct one.

Problem is there is no real manufacturer you can count on. You never know what you are buying on ebay. i used a few off ebay. Had one let the bearings go after 100 miles, couldn't get parts to fix, the others lasted well. You are playing Russian roullette. I had a few push G's and the turbo lasted real real. Silber has been using their turbo for a long time and its pretty durable. Unless you like playing around with building your own kit and trying different turbos, I'd highly recommend buying something tried and true. If you really want one, call push or silber and see if they will sell you one.

I did a build last season and purposely picked out one of the cheapest overseas turbos I could find on e-bay.

Here is the build http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329600

I put around 500 miles on it and switched it out with a different turbo I had gotten. There was nothing wrong with it and honestly it worked incredibly well for what it was. It is still confusing to me what works for a turbo, or if one should spend money on a high end turbo upgrade, there are probably better ways to improve the performance of a turbo sled before spending 2000 to upgrade the turbo to the next best thing.

On a 2-stroke you are not asking much from a turbo, you and not demanding it to make 25 psi and last 100,000 miles, it is a easy life for a turbo but getting a no name turbo is still a shake of the dice.

I did a build last season and purposely picked out one of the cheapest overseas turbos I could find on e-bay.

Here is the build http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329600

I put around 500 miles on it and switched it out with a different turbo I had gotten. There was nothing wrong with it and honestly it worked incredibly well for what it was. It is still confusing to me what works for a turbo, or if one should spend money on a high end turbo upgrade, there are probably better ways to improve the performance of a turbo sled before spending 2000 to upgrade the turbo to the next best thing.

On a 2-stroke you are not asking much from a turbo, you and not demanding it to make 25 psi and last 100,000 miles, it is a easy life for a turbo but getting a no name turbo is still a shake of the dice.

Hey Boyko,

I had seen your build thread, but never really paid attention to your plumbing. I don't mean to hijack this thread and we can start a new one if necc. I think I will but I wanted to ask you how your plumbing worked out for you?

Yes the little G spot turbo, I had a link to the one push uses but I can't find it right this sec.

If all you want is 6-8psi then this little bugger could be alot of fun. But anything above that it creates a lot of heat because of the tiny exhaust housing. So push added injectors in the charge piping to help cool the charge air. With the extra heat you will have to mix in more octane even at lower boost levels. Its not the biggest and baddest but for a budget build they are kind of intriguing. Clearly some on ebay are held together with polaris glue, I'll try and find the correct one.

Find the one push uses again by chance?

china turbo

Back in 05-06 ? my buddy built his own set up on his 03 900 cat, used a china turbo that was cheap, 4 of us were in the far back country on our way home when that sled would not pull itself up out of the last steep hill to get home, the 4 of us pulled by hand for hours in the dark and were trashed to get home, it had a brass bushing in it that would only last about 300 miles then wouldnt spin, he then started carrying a spare bushing to chang on the trail, that day sure soured me on them, thats why I spent $$ for my U.S. made kit with 3000 miles on it,

Premium Features

Back