• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Check software build number in PIDD? WOT bogging

N
Jan 24, 2016
Northern Norway
Hi all,

First ride on my new 850 today in the powder. It's bogging on WOT. I read that a lot of people are having this issue, and I hoped to get some more info from you guys.

Engine only has 15 km on it, so it's brand spanking new. Maybe the bog is normal during break-in?

Anyways, I told the dealer to update it before I picked it up, but I'm starting to wonder if they actually did. Is there any way for me to check the software build number in PIDD?

Thanks! :)

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Is yours a new 2019 or a 2020? Some of the dealerships are still adding oil to the 1st gas tank even though the information tag attached to the sled specifically says the ECU will add extra oil during break in. I had to syphon the fuel out of my sled from day 1 and replace with fresh 91 non ethanol because the dealer still added oil. It was so rich when I removed the pipe I had oil running out the bellypan. I hung the pipe upside down overnight because it was so loaded.

N
Jan 24, 2016
Northern Norway
Is yours a new 2019 or a 2020? Some of the dealerships are still adding oil to the 1st gas tank even though the information tag attached to the sled specifically says the ECU will add extra oil during break in. I had to syphon the fuel out of my sled from day 1 and replace with fresh 91 non ethanol because the dealer still added oil. It was so rich when I removed the pipe I had oil running out the bellypan. I hung the pipe upside down overnight because it was so loaded.

It's a left-over 2019. I bought mine with an almost empty fuel tank, added fresh 95 octane gas, so that's not the issue :)

Let me be clear, I'm not even sure this is an issue, and this might be completely normal. Engine is brand new with 15 km, so I'm wondering if this will go away as I start racking hours on it.

I'm not worried about the bog, it just means more fuel, and that's better than a lean engine during break-in.

neden

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2016
Sweden
Have no experience on the new 2020 flash. But on the original flash my 850 did the same thing during the first break-in stage last year.

Ride it through the first 2hr break-in stage and see if it clears up.

I don't think you can see which flash it's running.

N
Jan 24, 2016
Northern Norway
Have no experience on the new 2020 flash. But on the original flash my 850 did the same thing during the first break-in stage last year.

Ride it through the first 2hr break-in stage and see if it clears up.

I don't think you can see which flash it's running.

alright, thanks! I only get this occasionally, so hoping it's the early break-in mode that's responsible for it

N
Jan 24, 2016
Northern Norway
Make sure it’s got the right clutching for your elevation as well.

Clutch is set up for my elevation correctly.

I've been in touch with my dealer today, and they confirmed it has the "19.5" update, and they will update it to 2020 when I come in for first-time-service. They also told me it's perfectly normal to experience this bog for the first 10-20 hours of engine operation, due to the injectors supplying it with extra fuel and oil pump with extra oil during break-in.

I racked up a good 30 km in ca 60 - 80 cm of delish powdersnow today, and to my surprise I did not experience bogging even once. Sled ran awesome all day :)

20191106_134300.jpg

Premium Features