• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cheap rev mods under 100$ ???

S
May 28, 2014
Maine
I have a 2006 rev 151 800ptek, it has a fair amount of mods but i was wondering what else i could do with it to improve the power, and the HP response? Any other mods that you can think of that are fairly cheap please tell me. Thanks!

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Gotta tell us what you have done first. Otherwise we are being kinda redundant.

EDIT: Screw it, here's what I've done for less than $100 each.

-Trim side panel plastic to open up footwell
-2cool4u side panel vents
-post forward
-Cat extrusion running board edges
-SLP Intake Kit
-Drop sway bar and install HD front springs
-two wheel rear idler kit
-ceramic coat the pipe and y-pipe(don't bolt the stock insulating cover back on)
-trim the rear tunnel to an equal taper from the running boards back
-loose the headlights and run a steering mounted HiD
-new handlebars and risers
-new bushings for the front end

Last edited:

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Run a thermostat delete and it will probably run a bit cooler.

Float the secondary.

My buddy has an 07 Rev that doesn't have a thermostat from the factory and he is actually going to have the head machined to install one. I've seen his run too cold in deep powder before and he said he has actually heard of 07s like his locking motors up because of it. Not sure if the 06 is the same motor, but something to check on.

We actually stripped his sled to the tunnel and bulkhead last fall and did pretty much the same things as Reeb. We installed Airframe running boards when we tapered the tunnel and installed an XM rear bumper. The rear heat exchanger is slated to move up under the tank as well. We were going to do it last fall, but ran out of time and didn't get the water inlets/outlets re-welded. It will happen this year though. Instead of an SLP intake, we closed off the instrument pod area, modified the top of the air box, ran a flexible tube up and into the pod, and now use the extra tach/speedometer hole as the main intake with some frogzskin over it. We also made a couple more intakes around it. We deleted the oil injection with a block-off plate, bottle, and pull rope bracket from the snow cross sled. I think that was a $150 mod, but the tiny oil bottle was like $42 or something. You could probably find a cheaper bottle. Also pulled all the foam from the belly pans and removed idler wheels. Get the shocks rebuilt! We did that all the way around on his and added some more damping shims to the fronts while we were at it. Install new springs in your clutches as I am sure your old ones have lost quite a bit of their force if you haven't changed them in a while.

Right now his sled handles way better than any XP I have ever ridden. He is so happy with it that he is putting a TKI belt drive on for next year and is going to ride it for at least one more season.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Instead of an SLP intake, we closed off the instrument pod area, modified the top of the air box, ran a flexible tube up and into the pod, and now use the extra tach/speedometer hole as the main intake with some frogzskin over it. We also made a couple more intakes around it. We deleted the oil injection with a block-off plate, bottle, and pull rope bracket from the snow cross sled. I think that was a $150 mod, but the tiny oil bottle was like $42 or something. You could probably find a cheaper bottle. Also pulled all the foam from the belly pans and removed idler wheels. Get the shocks rebuilt! We did that all the way around on his and added some more damping shims to the fronts while we were at it. Install new springs in your clutches as I am sure your old ones have lost quite a bit of their force if you haven't changed them in a while.

Right now his sled handles way better than any XP I have ever ridden. He is so happy with it that he is putting a TKI belt drive on for next year and is going to ride it for at least one more season.

Ahh yes the Oil Inj Delete for sure.

Good idea on the gauge pod, like the BR Tech pod, I like it!

Revalves or even just a rebuild(if an X model) is past due on the sled, you're right. As are the clutches...

As for the belt drive, I'm just waiting for Tom to take my money!

S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
My buddy has an 07 Rev that doesn't have a thermostat from the factory and he is actually going to have the head machined to install one. I've seen his run too cold in deep powder before and he said he has actually heard of 07s like his locking motors up because of it. Not sure if the 06 is the same motor, but something to check on.

07 Rev had the R motor. The 06 should have just the straight ptek. I did the delete in my 05 when I had it and didn't run into any issues. You do have to let them warm up longer though.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Ahh yes the Oil Inj Delete for sure.

Good idea on the gauge pod, like the BR Tech pod, I like it!

Revalves or even just a rebuild(if an X model) is past due on the sled, you're right. As are the clutches...

As for the belt drive, I'm just waiting for Tom to take my money!

Yep, similar idea to the BRTech one, but it is low profile and doesn't stick up so high.

His shock oil was some of the worst I have ever seen come out of a set. Both rears had the o-ring blown out on the floating piston so the nitrogen was mixing with the oil. It's no wonder why he was bottoming out on everything! Had all the springs cranked for a 160lb rider. Now they are back to reasonable settings, even with the sway bar gone.

Reactions: Reeb
Premium Features