• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

changing needle guides

What is involved in changing needle guides and needles in these Edge sleds?? I think mine are bleeding through and want to rule it out so I ordered a pair. The kit comes with needles clips guides and a float assembly

Chris

yep thats what I am talking about. The part that the needle jet uses to meter the fuel. I thought it was a tube that the needle rode in, is it the float assembly??

Chris

This is a little confusing. I think you are talking about replacing the needle jet, that the jet needle slides up and down in, to control fuel flow amount. The 04 service manual says they are a press fit and not replaceable. I don't know why they would come in a kit then? I have heard of people tapping them out from the top, using the old needle as a driver. You would have to remove the main jet first of course, and be very careful. You would have to push the new one in from the bottom and use the main jet install as a final seat. I would consider other options before attemping this since the manual says not replaceable. Hope this helps!

SD is right, this is kind of confusing. If you ordered a float assy., it is in the float bowl. You remove the float bowl and there is I believe two screws to remove float it comes out as an assy. This controls the amount of the fuel available to the carbs. If you are talking about the needle that meters fuel that is something different, It is attached to the slide.

Let me try and explain. I am having a fuel issue I have been trying to work out. I cannot seem to get the jetting correct in my main jet range and I have kinda narrowed it down to maybe the needles being worn out. I called the shop up and was told that what I needed was a float kit and new needle. What I asked for was the replacement needle and the guide, or seat for it where the needle rides to try and clean it up. I assumed wrong that there was a way to replace the seat the needle rode in to get better to tollerances for better metering.

Chris

Premium Features

Back