• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CFI Exhaust on Big Block

S
Jan 15, 2010
I am building a project sled out of a 2008 RMK Dragon 155 which had a 700 CFI in it. The 700 CFI engine went down this spring due to a piston failure. I am now looking to install a 700 Big Block with 220 cylinder in it in place of the 700 CFI. My question is I was wondering if anyone has any experience in running a CFI pipe on an older carbed big block? I know SLP sells a pipe set-up for a 800 VES in a IQ chassis. However I wanted to check around for what others have used first before just going and purchasing a new pipe set-up. Any input will be greatly appreciated! THANKS!

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
The biggest concern when running different pipes is the stroke of the engine. If the stroke is the same, the pipe will work, however due to differences in porting, head specs, and various other variable in engine design it may or may not work well. Start by researching the engine bore and stroke and go from there.

Premium Features