• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ceramic coating ??

T

theUltamateTBM

Hey all I have an 06 m7 with an ovs turbo and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to ceramic coat the pistons the head and the pipe the reason I am asking is will it help to protect from any det issues that could happen I know I have to run good good fuel anyway but it was just a thought??

I wouldn't spend my money on coating the head or pistons. And would only ceramic coat the exhaust for visual aesthetics.

we used to do it on our 700 and 800 Polaris motors so I was just thinking when rebuild time comes I might have it done

we used to do it on our 700 and 800 Polaris motors so I was just thinking when rebuild time comes I might have it done

Wouldn't harm anything for sure.

Although racinstation said something awhile back about ceramic coating on a m7. He said that in testing, the ceramic coated pipes on the m7 held to much heat in and actually lost performance.

I was under the impression that ceramic coating sent the heat out the exhaust and did not hold it in that's where I thought it would be nice to have the head and pistons done

It's supposed to keep heat in the pipe Like heat tape wrapping a pipe does.

Premium Features

Back