• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CCU on M7, wiring ?'s

C

catmanm7

Anybody have a link or info on this?
What wires splice into where?
Does it have to be a certain year CCU?
M8- M1000?
Anybody find a way to make a tach work? I have a digatron with tach inputs...

On the m1000 and the m8 the purple wire is the tach signal.
It is the same purple wire from the ecu to the ecu right on up the the dash.

Anybody have a link or info on this?
What wires splice into where?
Does it have to be a certain year CCU?
M8- M1000?
Anybody find a way to make a tach work? I have a digatron with tach inputs...

I forget which way it is, but 07 and 08 Cats are either Ac or DC and the 09 and newer ones are opposite.

The 07 and 8's need a special hook up to make Digatrons work.

I'll have to check the pn on which one I'm using but you want to use a 09 M6 stator then just splice the 2 yellow wires off the stator to the ccu. As for the tach I've got a brand new digatron I just put on and it acts the same as the stock tach. I guess you will need a special lead for it I've still got to call and get one ordered.

Please let me know. It would be a nice upgrade if I can find a ccu for the correct model/ year. Thanks guys

Either an 07 or 08 800 or 1000 ccu will work. The two yellows off of the M7 stator (ac) get wired to the two yellows on the ccu. There are two +dc output circuits ( a ccu plug from a wiring harness is helpful) a red w/blue and a red w/ black. The negative off of the ccu is black. Where the stock M7 regulator is unplugged the red w/blue can be connected together. The red w/black can be connected to the yellow and the black can be connected to the brown.

Unfortunately there is no purple on an M7 ecu like there is on an 8 or 1000 for a tach signal and the yellow circuit wont work anymore now that it is DC. I tried a few isolation schemes to get an AC signal to the tach, but they didnt work. A friend uses a cheap small engine spark plug wire tach and he likes it.

Either an 07 or 08 800 or 1000 ccu will work. The two yellows off of the M7 stator (ac) get wired to the two yellows on the ccu. There are two +dc output circuits ( a ccu plug from a wiring harness is helpful) a red w/blue and a red w/ black. The negative off of the ccu is black. Where the stock M7 regulator is unplugged the red w/blue can be connected together. The red w/black can be connected to the yellow and the black can be connected to the brown.

Unfortunately there is no purple on an M7 ecu like there is on an 8 or 1000 for a tach signal and the yellow circuit wont work anymore now that it is DC. I tried a few isolation schemes to get an AC signal to the tach, but they didnt work. A friend uses a cheap small engine spark plug wire tach and he likes it.

I am helping one of my friends out installing a big block and turbo on his M7,I had been planning to do a Boost It box for fueling but need to get a tach signal in order to hook up the Boost It box.
Is the yellow wire a tach signal?

I am helping one of my friends out installing a big block and turbo on his M7,I had been planning to do a Boost It box for fueling but need to get a tach signal in order to hook up the Boost It box.
Is the yellow wire a tach signal?

If you mean, you are installing a big bore on the M7 bottom end and not using a ccu then the yellow is used as a tach input for most snowmobile tachs (which accept multi pole input pulses - boost it might not???? - dont know)

If you mean you are installing an M1000 or M8 motor then the purple wire coming out of the ecu is a tach input. I would assume you could use it for a boost it box.

If you mean, you are installing a big bore on the M7 bottom end and not using a ccu then the yellow is used as a tach input for most snowmobile tachs (which accept multi pole input pulses - boost it might not???? - dont know)

If you mean you are installing an M1000 or M8 motor then the purple wire coming out of the ecu is a tach input. I would assume you could use it for a boost it box.

Yes I have used the purple wire on the M1000 for a tach signal for the Boost It box.
I am doing a M7 bottom end with M800 top end,I was hoping to be able to find the same tach signal as the M1000 with the purple wire.
The M7 is looking like a completely different animal than the M8 or M1000.....

The M7 is looking like a completely different animal than the M8 or M1000.....

It is very different as far as motor electronics is concerned.

I havent tested it, but i have wondered about using the AC feed into the ecu normally used for the stock fuel pump power. If the stock pump circuit isnt being used, then that ac feed might be useful for an aftermarket tach input. It probably wouldnt have enough pulses to be useful for a stock tach.

Premium Features

Back