• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

carbon fibre hoods

C

cobbycat

ACCOUNT CLOSED
if I can get enough interest, we will build a mould and make hoods at c3 powersports. I just need to pre-sell 5 hoods for either the apex or nytro (or both) and we will build a mould. please pm me with interest and/or any other ideas. :beer;:)

looks like a nytro hood would come in around $275, apex hood about $450. we need 5 guys to put down a deposit on either and we will start making them. and yes, the carbon fibre is very light and durable. please call Kevin@ c3 powersports/advantec composites at 250-833-3538 to arrange deposit. thanks.:beer;:)

darren

Darren - I like your idea, however, without seeing a finished product, that is too much money to commit to. Also, there needs to be more info, such as a) how is the hood going to be secured? Will it have a catch/hook for the front OEM bar? b) Is this a one piece, all the way back to the tank cover? If so, how is the rear/sides going to attach/be secured? c) If a one piece, is there a headlight delete option? Will it fit exactly like the OEM pieces? Will it have the same exact mold for cluster attach, key/ignition and 12v plug? Will the stock wimdshield mount right on? Not trying to bash, just seen TOO many of these type things that look like chit with the fit and finish and cost a lot of $$$.

Darren - I like your idea, however, without seeing a finished product, that is too much money to commit to. Also, there needs to be more info, such as a) how is the hood going to be secured? Will it have a catch/hook for the front OEM bar? b) Is this a one piece, all the way back to the tank cover? If so, how is the rear/sides going to attach/be secured? c) If a one piece, is there a headlight delete option? Will it fit exactly like the OEM pieces? Will it have the same exact mold for cluster attach, key/ignition and 12v plug? Will the stock wimdshield mount right on? Not trying to bash, just seen TOO many of these type things that look like chit with the fit and finish and cost a lot of $$$.

Not only that, but a stock hood complete with windshield is only 3.8 lbs.

Premium Features

Back