• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can a 800 BB beat a 800 Turbo ?

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)
C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
got my popcorn out :beer;

Yeah turbo's really suck. thats why everyone wants one after riding them. :rolleyes:

There are so many more turbo's running around than BB kits of any brand its not even funny. Good EFI on sleds opened up a whole new world. I cant wait until skidoo gets EFI. Thats going to be a good day indeed.

O
Aug 17, 2009
Kelsey, i have yet to witness a BB climb head to head with a turbo, pump gas or race gas or 50/50 blend. As for the lag on the hole shot, that i have experianced however lag is pretty much ZERO when you have the right kit the right clutch setup and the right operator.

What i have seen so far is that most turbo's that fail to perform have operators who haven't yet figured out there turbo.

Running boost is like running a 50 shot of NOS everytime you sqweeze the throotle

OT

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
:cool:
Kelsey, i have yet to witness a BB climb head to head with a turbo, pump gas or race gas or 50/50 blend. As for the lag on the hole shot, that i have experianced however lag is pretty much ZERO when you have the right kit the right clutch setup and the right operator.

What i have seen so far is that most turbo's that fail to perform have operators who haven't yet figured out there turbo.

Running boost is like running a 50 shot of NOS everytime you sqweeze the throotle

OT

OT.. fair enough... Maybe you can make it down this way this season and you can check all this out , first hand..

The turbos we ran against were the turbos directly from the guy that developed the pump gas turbo for a certain turbo company.. So, they were surely set up right and ran extremely well..

But, just our findings, so far... Keep in mind, I ran a turbo'd 2 stroke for 2 years...

I just think that a pump gas turbo on a poorly ported 800 class sled (like the Cat 800 and the Polaris 800) just can not flow enough air to make big power on low boost... This is why the 1000 responds so well at low boost.. It can flow it where the 800's can not..
Now, the 2010 Cat 800 is a bit different in porting and will make more power on the same boost than the previous M8's.. So, we'll just have to wait and see how those 2010's fair..

Again.. on race gas or even 50/50 mix.. the turbos win it hands down..

I suspect the Rev Xp turbo on pump gas will be stronger than either the Polaris or the 2009-2007 M8's... Should be fun to see those running around.. In any case.. even if the PG turbo 800's beat the Big Bores... it will not be by much,, no slaughters will be handed out ....>>pump gas for pump gas.. The tough call will be who owns up to running a race gas mix when claiming pump gas.:mad::confused:

Should be a good year...

We all need snow SSSSSOOOOONNNNN!!

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Kelsey, It's hard to miss that "sweet smell" of race gas in a crowded room of pump fuel. :D

OT

Full race gas,, smell is definitely noticeable.. 20-25% mix with pump.. Not so apparent..

Actually the oil I run makes your exhaust smell similar to race gas.. But it is great oil...

The biggest deal with race fuel and turbos is this:
We have 2 sled that go 3000+ miles every season and 1 or 2 that go about 1800 miles a season..

If we were running race gas each 3000+ mile sled would cost over $6K in fuel alone and the others would be arouns $4K.. so, it is really not an option for anybody in our group to run race gas..or a race gas turbo.. We simply can not afford it...

But for those that run around 1000 miles a season, or if that is what we ran, I would have a race gas turbo just to play around on.. But, I am almost considering riding a 600 this season, just to put more fun back in the riding..The hills are getting to be no challenge and that is where it is most fun for me. Once you have gotten over the hill.. the fun factor lessens.. So, riding a 600 would be a good way to get back to the old days...:D

O
Aug 17, 2009
ROYAL PURPLE ?

Lots of guys are going 600cc especially if climbing isn't that important. i like boondocking with our 600cc Polaris fun little sled that goes and goes and goes.

Scott Hillman last year spent the season on a boosted 600 SDI & ripped up the hills all season long. I should of bought that sled he was only asking $9500.00

Boost will scare me from time to time because it takes me to places on the hill that "NO HUMAN" has any buisness being there. Anyone who has ever ridden a turbo in the mountains has at one times must of said to themself...What The F*ck Am I Doing Here !!!

ot

Last edited:
M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
ROYAL PURPLE ?

Lots of guys are going 600cc especially if climbing isn't that important. i like boondocking with our 600cc Polaris fun little sled that goes and goes and goes.

Scott Hillman last year spent the season on a boosted 600 SDI & ripped up the hills all season long. I should of bought that sled he was only asking $9500.00

Boost will scare me from time to time because it takes me to places on the hill that "NO HUMAN" has any buisness being there. Anyone who has ever ridden a turbo in the mountains has at one times must of said to themself...What The F*ck Am I Doing Here !!!

ot

thats going to be my build next season. sdi 600T sweet

T
Nov 20, 2008
lloydminster ab

This is so ture!:beer;

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
popcorn.jpg

To ease all of you folk's pain, hunting season started yesterday and we all know what happens after that.:D:D

Last edited:
N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
Instead of starting pointless threads about it, why don't you build a turbo and prove all the BB builders wrong then OT?? Could it be that you are scared you will get your *** handed to you?

Put your motor where your mouth is.

You've been called on your BS lots of times, time to man up or shut up.

NSC

O
Aug 17, 2009
Instead of starting pointless threads about it, why don't you build a turbo and prove all the BB builders wrong then OT?? Could it be that you are scared you will get your *** handed to you?

Put your motor where your mouth is.

You've been called on your BS lots of times, time to man up or shut up.

NSC

I don't have to man up to nothing....You might come to the mountains some times and see for yourself how the good running turbo's are blowing the doors off the good running BB's.... It's not even a contest !!!

Furthermore many turbo owners were once BB owners, And im 100% certain that the turbo owner's didn't invest in a turbo kit that would yield similar or the same HP as there previously owned BB.

Are there any turbo owners out there that have given up there Turbo because there BB made better power ?

OT

Last edited:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
I don't have to man up to nothing....You might come to the mountains some times and see for yourself how the good running turbo's are blowing the doors off the good running BB's.... It's not even a contest !!!

Furthermore many turbo owners were once BB owners, And im 100% certain that the turbo owner's didn't invest in a turbo kit that would yield similar or the same HP as there previously owned BB.

Are there any turbo owners out there that have given up there Turbo because there BB made better power ?

OT

LOL...you are the king of "blanket statements".....yet you never seen a BB run against a turbo (you just said that a couple posts back ^^^)...the funny thing is I have seen a good running BB run a aginst 3 diff turbos...PUMP GAS TURBOS...the BB XP at $2000 is quit the bargain IMHO...BJ:cool:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
QUOTE...OT..."Kelsey, i have yet to witness a BB climb head to head with a turbo, pump gas or race gas or 50/50 blend." OMG :rolleyes:
We were battling head to head all winter, where were you riding? The roads again? :confused:

O
Aug 17, 2009
QUOTE...OT..."Kelsey, i have yet to witness a BB climb head to head with a turbo, pump gas or race gas or 50/50 blend." OMG :rolleyes:
We were battling head to head all winter, where were you riding? The roads again? :confused:

You guy's will look for any excuses you can find.....Every single BB that i have witnessed has never been able to run head 2 head / Side by Side with a turbo XP.... The best the BB kit can do is watch the turbo's rear bumper from 30 plus yards behind . NO CONTEST, NOT EVEN CLOSE

BJ whats your excuse for spending 50K on dynoing and NO dyno sheets to prove it ? :D

Last edited:

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Can a 800BB beat a 800 turbo?

You bet. If the turbo owner selects the wrong track, he will lose every time until spring comes. Tracks don't make much difference in hard packed spring snow.

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
You guy's will look for any excuses you can find.....Every single BB that i have witnessed has never been able to run head 2 head / Side by Side with a turbo XP.... The best the BB kit can do is watch the turbo's rear bumper from 30 plus yards behind . NO CONTEST, NOT EVEN CLOSE

BJ whats your excuse for spending 50K on dynoing and NO dyno sheets to prove it ? :D

Tell ya what... My invite still stands for you to come down with a PUMP GAS DOO or Cat 800 turbo.. We can go to 9,000ft and see which one prevails..

It is really that simple.. You drive 2 hours to me with your sleds.... we go ride and have some fun...You can come back and report the results.. EASY!!

Kelsey

O
Aug 17, 2009
You just said you have never even seen a BB and turbo go at it.

Poet Brew thats what you said.......Head 2 Head in my world doesnt mean the Turbo XP is 30 yards ahead kicking the trailing BB XP's butt.

Head 2 Head would mean when 2 sleds or 20 sleds cross the finish line or crest the hill Side by Side or Head 2 Head.

If your sled is getting it's butt kicked in a race your not HEAD 2 HEAD.

But than again you guy's like to think a BB kit will beat a Turbo Kit. Maybe you guys should consider screwing your heads on right because your thinking is a little backwards.

BJ, where are your dyno sheets from ALL your motor's ? Come on BJ, 50K in dyno's should at least yield a dyno sheet or 2. :D

OT

OT

Premium Features