• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cables

R
Nov 27, 2009
kinuso
who makes longer cables for the throttle and ebrake. installing rox adjustable riser on to an xtx and thought i would be able to get away with a mtx throttle cable, but it is only one inch longer. the park brake cable is way to short.

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
Hey XTX, I run 9 inches of rise on my sleds. I have no issues with binding or routing of either brake line or the throttle line. I do route the throttle cable up through a hole I drill in the plastics to give some slack and avoid the neck around the steering post.

R
Nov 27, 2009
kinuso
wouldnt mind doing that hole but would rather have a longer cable
looked at the on on rsi site and they dont show for the nytro are they the same as the apex?

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
I have looked and looked for a throttle cable for the Nytro but cannot find one that's when I drilled the hole. If you put a grommet around the hole she looks almost stock.

Last edited:
B

blackhillsnytro

Nov 22, 2008
Spearfish SD
If you have some down time, take them to your local dealer and have them sent to Motion Pro. (May be able to send them directly to Motion Pro yourself?) It takes anywhere from 2-3 weeks, but the quality and fit is perfect. I have had them build three Yamaha Nytro/Apex cables and not a single issue. They build a new cable using measurements from the one you sent in, and extend to the exact length you want. Only downfall is time, and you are without a cable for a few weeks.

R
Nov 27, 2009
kinuso
that sounds good ive got the stock throttle cable anyway as i replaced it with a mtx cable and the park brake cable i can do without for awhile thank you all

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
Motley, you mind throwing up a pic of your cable setup and the hole?

Kind of curious about doing that myself to get some more room, can't stand seeing Error 84 when I turn hard left.

Thanks.

Premium Features