• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

c3 drive belt tension?

I bought a 14 m8000 with this on the sled. I repacked the drive bearing. I cannot find any info on how much tension. It looks real similar to a MVM drive, they recommend 1/2 inch movement pushing between 2 pulleys, so that is how I tensioned it. One video says 30 degrees on a c3, sure like to know how to measure 30 degrees with all the bull shat in the way.

re: belt tension...

I bought a 14 m8000 with this on the sled. I repacked the drive bearing. I cannot find any info on how much tension. It looks real similar to a MVM drive, they recommend 1/2 inch movement pushing between 2 pulleys, so that is how I tensioned it. One video says 30 degrees on a c3, sure like to know how to measure 30 degrees with all the bull shat in the way.
I've always set mine at 3/8"-1/2" at room temp, belt cold. Haven't blown one yet, and have C3 belt drive on three sleds ranging from 150hp - 285hp.

Premium Features

Back