• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C3 Belt Drive + White Rad TTCL

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Who out there is running both of these together?? Just got mine all done an the vibration in the foot wells from the engine at around the 3000 rpm mark before engagement is pretty crazy!! I never got to do my own belt drive install (do all my own work but ran outta time with work an first trip) so had to get a shop to do it. But with the stiffer motor mount of the C3 and the TTCL mounts is it gunna be possible to soften it up a bit to get rid of that crazy vibration. Im going to try an remove that middle screw of the TTCL that isn't required on install. Only recommended for big horse power. Hope to hear some feed back from guys with same setup. Thanks!

Also anyone know why there's Mitsubishi belts an gates for the c3. Thought it came with the gates with the blue inside. That's the one I bought for back up. Is the gates better?

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
I have just the belt drive and the vibrations are horrible. It reminds me of an M1000 but hopefully the stiffer motor mounts help with clutch heat. My kit came with the gates belt

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Who out there is running both of these together?? Just got mine all done an the vibration in the foot wells from the engine at around the 3000 rpm mark before engagement is pretty crazy!! I never got to do my own belt drive install (do all my own work but ran outta time with work an first trip) so had to get a shop to do it. But with the stiffer motor mount of the C3 and the TTCL mounts is it gunna be possible to soften it up a bit to get rid of that crazy vibration. Im going to try an remove that middle screw of the TTCL that isn't required on install. Only recommended for big horse power. Hope to hear some feed back from guys with same setup. Thanks!

Also anyone know why there's Mitsubishi belts an gates for the c3. Thought it came with the gates with the blue inside. That's the one I bought for back up. Is the gates better?

The Mitsubishi belt is a stronger belt and usually used for higher HP applications like the M1100 turbo running 250HP or more. Either belt will work fine, but the 800 kits come with the Gates belt with the blue inside section.

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
So with my cutler I shoulda got the Mitsubishi as a spare then also?? They put that one on for me so that's sweet I guess. So just the one motor mount change made the vibration? I had m1000 too, it's not like that "Shake" it's a very fast vibration in ur feet. Literally make your feet tingle. Cant feel it when ripping around, just putting round or else just standing on it holding the Rpms right before engagement.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
So with my cutler I shoulda got the Mitsubishi as a spare then also?? They put that one on for me so that's sweet I guess. So just the one motor mount change made the vibration? I had m1000 too, it's not like that "Shake" it's a very fast vibration in ur feet. Literally make your feet tingle. Cant feel it when ripping around, just putting round or else just standing on it holding the Rpms right before engagement.

I stood on your sled after it was done to see how much of the ttcf was adding for vibration. We have quite a bit of time on PC's with the belt drive and it is definitely more than we are used to when just doing the belt drive by itself. Mounting everything solid is going to transfer more into the boards for sure. I noticed when I did torque arms on my 1100 that I had some more in my boards but I had the softer mounts in too. IMO ttcf adds more transfer than the belt drive by itself. But like you said it goes away shortly after engagement.

Last edited:
Reactions: nosajlleb

rmk800ak

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2002
Fairbanks AK.
Yep have both the drive and WR frame plus Belanger's jackshaft there for sure is more vibration . Mine does go away after engagement as well .

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Thanks for chiming in Gene. Ya it's not a big deal if everything runs cooler it's worth it. Just thought id see what others from running them last year said. After first trip if it's to unbearable a guy could take maybe one of the solid mounts off the TTCF so it's just like a thicker stock TCL then. Riding an testing, time will tell.

rockymtnboy

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2010
gods country, bc
Even with just the belt drive I noticed a lot more vib in my feet. I just ripped it around the property and wasn't sure if it was the belt drive, the new airframes being more ridged or the fact that was wearing my running shoes instead of boots. I hope it loosens up b/c it was pretty crazy. I thought I had screwed something up on the install. Glad to hear others finding the same. Kevin from c3.....can u help us out here?

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
Anyone else follow up with the vibration>? How about info on the install and benefits, any changes felt with gearing or otherwise after the c3 install?

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
So any you boys that are running the belt drive and a turbo. Anyone take a look at an easier way to ever change a belt or adjust it even. I messed around with it for awhile an there's no way to do it without swinging the turbo outta the way. Was hoping belt change coulda bin easier but maybe I won't ever need too (hoping) haha

Premium Features