• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BYPASS THERMOSTAT UPGRADE (PREVIOUSLY $28 upgrade)

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
I tried getting the two hoses (8205 and 7378) at NAPA here in St. Albert, Alberta and the numbers no longer comes up. Anyone know or have a different NAPA number that can be cross referenced?

Well I went to my local Bumper to Bumper and he was able to cross reference the Napa number for a Gates product, I should have later this week and will post the the product #.

Reactions: TRS
Just ordered up all the parts to perform this upgrade. I'm already running an Indyspecialties Ride cool head that has a larger axys thermostat that helps with cooling a ton. but really what entices me is the bypass. it should allow the engine to heat up to operating temp quicker and reduce the chance of a cold sieze if i'm not mistaken.

Got it installed today. The power clamps are kind of scary to me I hope they hold. Looked up instructions for them and instructions state to hold a 1000w heat gun on high for 60 seconds or less. About 45 seconds in the housing itself started to deform on the narrow nozzle/smaller clamp joint. I quickly stopped and allowed it to cool and the housing in this area cameback to solid. I would deff not attempt on high setting on a heat gun. I really hope I didn't render the housing unusable... holding water will start up soon and see. Very nervous about the plastic housing now. Will for sure tape it with heat tape.

Those power clamps are crazy.
I have ran this on two Pros and never have had a leak!!
I wouldn’t sweat it..

Those power clamps are crazy.
I have ran this on two Pros and never have had a leak!!
I wouldn’t sweat it..

Good to note! I took the sled out yesterday. Wow in deep snow I'm seeing 98-100F and holding steady at those temps. Rarely is it moving above 100-102F. Was about 25 deg and 1' of fresh.

Premium Features

Back