• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BUYING 09 800R or 600 H.O. E-TEC?

S
Dec 30, 2007
AK
I'm lookin to buy an 09 but can't decide on what to get? Either 800R or 600 H.O. E-TEC? MXZ RENEGADE w/ 137 and 1.25 paddle or SUMMIT 146 w/ 2.25 paddle? If I got a renegade, is there a 2 in. paddle to upgrade? I do a Mix of riding, a majority off in deep powder, boondockin, jumps, hill climbing on rare occassions(not to set the high mark.....yet). My previous sled was a summit 500 w/ 136 x 16 x 1.75. I need more power, but dont know what riding with an 1.25 ripsaw track on a 137 is like? Also, what are you thoughts on the X package ya or na?

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I will start off by saying I am a Polaris guy. But if you are set on one of those two sleds, I would go with the 800. The 600 may be close on peak power, but there is no replacing cc's on the bottom end for boondocking or climbing. The biggest reason for me going with the 800 this year would be I wouldn't want to be a ginnea pig with the new e-tec motor. On paper they are great, but their performance in the outboard world that ski-doo got this tech from has been less than good. I sure hope that they can get it to work correctly and does all that is claimed, but that has not been the can with the outboards.Time will tell, I would just prefer it was on someone elses dime and down time!

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
make sure your dealers sets it up if you get an 800r. Ol girls got a history behind it for lots of people. hopefully 09 its fixed. wait and test drive them.. you can rent the summit from aksnowsafaris, unless they sold them all.

Premium Features