• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bucks Lake

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
I was there two weekends ago, snow was really wet and heavy! Deep though, im sure theres alot more now!

M
Nov 28, 2007
Lodi & Bucks Lake, CA
I am! Looks to be a great weekend to ride. I was up there this last weekend snowed all day sat and sat night. We got 24" to 30"... Snow was great.:D They are just starting to groom the route for the poker run. There should be some great prizes for the raffel and a great lunch served. :):)

M
Nov 27, 2007
Bend, OR
mmg,snopro176 - I'll be coming from Sac - about a 3 hour drive if memory serves? Where to stage? Any more info? Thanks -

Mike
Silver Tundra DC w/03 Summit Himark

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
madmin, looks like ill be going too! Probably be with elliot (snopro176). Coming from sac I dont know the best way to go but I always go 99N to 162 to Oroville, take Olive HWY to brush creek/four trees until the pavement runs out, but parking is an issue there, or you can go up through Quincy and theres a couple places there to park.

Im not hard to spot, probably the only 1200 there! probably leave the turbo at home and let the old lady ride the prox8. 04 silver dodge with a camper shell (that smokes alot!!) either a mirage 26 footer or a sled bed two place open

M
Nov 27, 2007
Bend, OR
mattymac - Four Trees was my prefered launch site, but Mike(BucksLake.net) recommended against it - county only plows to Mtn House, downed trees may be a problem etc...

For my first run up there, I'm going to head through Quincy to the summit and ride the 4or so miles from there. Gonna try to make the breakfast buffet...

Thanks - I'll look for you
Mike

S
Dec 11, 2007
Good to see the support!!

Good to see all of the peeps supporting the clubs! I have to work, but I have first hand knowledge the club is preparing a good event. For what it is worth, two weeks ago (prior to another 5 feet of new snow?) I ran in to a few people who came in from the Oroville side with no problems. Have fun, be safe!!

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
Good to see all of the peeps supporting the clubs! I have to work, but I have first hand knowledge the club is preparing a good event. For what it is worth, two weeks ago (prior to another 5 feet of new snow?) I ran in to a few people who came in from the Oroville side with no problems. Have fun, be safe!!

Yeah I was there three weekends ago (I think?) the new road is AWESOME! no problems then with about the 5 or so feet of snow, 3 ft of pow, the problem is parking, there isnt any other than on the side of the road!

M
Nov 27, 2007
Bend, OR
What a great day in the mountains. Bucks Lake Poker Run was fun, whole lotta people - 250? or so. By the end of the day, the trails were pretty well beat up. People were rippin' across the frozen lake, kids playing on top of snow covered lodge, cocktails and music at stop #3, great time. Didn't (at least I don't think so) run into any snowesters, it's kinda hard to tell with helmets.

Mike

M
Nov 28, 2007
Lodi & Bucks Lake, CA
Madmin - Glad you had a great time up there. I was at station #2 of the run. Bucks is my backyard, grew up there. Good call on the number of people, we served about 260+/- lunches. We had some good raffel prizes. Overall it went pretty smooth.
mmg

M
Nov 27, 2007
Bend, OR
MMG - I was one of the early runners - blue '03 Summit, asked about the road to Oroville. I worked up there as a surveyor aid after high school(Oroville), had a great time. Try to get up there fishing when I can. You must know the Grubbs? I think I went to school with Roger.

Mike

Premium Features