• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken pull cord fix tricks?

MR MOOSE

Lifetime Membership
Sooooooo I just finished putting my M8 back together after a 3 month build. And like a moron I didn't tie the knot at the pull handle properly and on the fourth pull..............gone goes the cord! PLEASE tell me somebody has a trick to fixing this other than tearing this thing half apart again including taking the turbo off again. NOT HAPPY and desperate for advice! Oh ya, I already know I'm a retard so no need to point that out lol.

I'm afraid you are going to have to get the recoil off. But if you lay it on its side and pull the center skid plate off you might be able to get the recoil off from the bottom.

Sooooooo I just finished putting my M8 back together after a 3 month build. And like a moron I didn't tie the knot at the pull handle properly and on the fourth pull..............gone goes the cord! PLEASE tell me somebody has a trick to fixing this other than tearing this thing half apart again including taking the turbo off again. NOT HAPPY and desperate for advice! Oh ya, I already know I'm a retard so no need to point that out lol.

Yep you have to pull the turbo.

BUT their is a good point here. When doing this job it's a good time to look at your hose routing and hose length for your turbo lubrication and cooling.

If you have it just right you can swing the turbo out of the way and get all the recoil bolts out and back in without breaking any lines or fittings.

This is a good thing to practice in the warm shop rather than trying to do it on the hill. Because its not a matter of if it will happen it's only a matter of when.

One other thing, I have kind of given up on making some nice tight little fancy Nancy knot that will fit inside the handle like the stock one. those typically slip out after time and you are then doing what your doing now, pulling it apart. I pretty much tie a good old farmers knot on the darn thing and it surly won't pull through the handle. :)

Thunder

Oh its gonna be the grand daddy of all farmers knots when I'm done with it Thunder lol! ;)

Oh its gonna be the grand daddy of all farmers knots when I'm done with it Thunder lol! ;)

ha ha, I hear yea, I have done my share of cussing. You just can't pick yourself off the ground (after the knot slips) to grab the rope as it zips through the plastic down into the recoil. I feel your pain!!!!

lol

Premium Features

Back