• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brace kits or Bomber rails (Khaos convertion)

M
Sep 17, 2012
Hi,
Thinking about upgrading my sks 155" to the khaos setup. Khaos Bomber rails from Iceage, front track shock from Zbroz (EXIT), and longer limiter strap. But the total cost of the bomber rails shipped to Norway is 915 dollars.
Thats alot of money for some rails. I wanted to go for the bomber rails for extra durability. But now im starting to consider bracing the stock rails instead. Will i loose alot of the khaos attribute without the steaper bend in the rails? And are there any good affordable Rail bracer/stiffeners for the axys?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Holler at iceage, there are some other ways to ship across the ocean that should be better. I know sometimes on international shipping a lot of sled part companies don't have their websites dialed and options may not show that they could use.

don't use an extended front shock and limiter without khaos rails its not a good idea and has a very high risk of track stabbing.

M
Sep 17, 2012
Have you bent the stock style rails? I find them pretty strong but I heard the problem with the non-Khaos stock rails are that they can stab the track when running the longer shock.
Not yet, but have bent several stock rails on different sleds, mainly polaris and arctic cats. and i hate the downtime i get from bent rails, overseas it take a while to get parts.

M
Sep 17, 2012
Holler at iceage, there are some other ways to ship across the ocean that should be better. I know sometimes on international shipping a lot of sled part companies don't have their websites dialed and options may not show that they could use.

don't use an extended front shock and limiter without khaos rails its not a good idea and has a very high risk of track stabbing.
What about antistab on the stock rails? and will the flatter profile decrease the lift the Khaos got?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
You can get an “in between feel” by using your stock shock and limiter strap with the IceAge Khaos rails. We have done a fair amount last season.That will save you some money as well. You can always buy the shock and limiter strap if you want more lift.

M
Sep 17, 2012
You can get an “in between feel” by using your stock shock and limiter strap with the IceAge Khaos rails. We have done a fair amount last season.That will save you some money as well. You can always buy the shock and limiter strap if you want more lift.
Okei, so the profile is a big part of what makes the front lift more. It is still cheeper for me to get an aftermarket Front Track Shock and limiter strap (due to shipping cost). Will the longer travel do more or less the same as just the rail swap?

Premium Features