• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Braaapclub Canada

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008

Attachments

• BRAAAPclub.jpg
    BRAAAPclub.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
M
Jan 14, 2004
I've not seen that. I had the same thoughts about doing that to a Camso but in the end it just wasn't worth the effort. A few guys I know have built "Timso's" You take a 2013 Timbersled and bolt in a Camso suspension and track. The holes line up, no drilling and you drop some weight. You are then also stuck with the crappy Timbersled chain case set up and Harbor Freight tunnel assembly. My advice would be to contact Elka and buy the race shock for the Camso and get a custom Ti spring wound at Renton.

M5

S
Dec 28, 2018
Washington
That thing looks like a joke. according to the fb site why would anyone spend like 2 grand to "upgrade" a poorly made budget kit for a snow bike kit that threw in the towel and quit making them, only to still have the same s**t suspension and unpredictable mono rail feel to it, only to buy a "update" that someone looks like they put together in there back yard... just looking at it how are you going to grab the back when your stuck? And i hope you like getting pepperd in the back of the head from ice balls with no tunnel..and if you ever need parts for it the "company" will dissappear just as fast as it started. my suggestion is sell that camso kit, and put that money plus the money you saved "updating" it into a real kit and never look back.

Last edited:
J
Oct 31, 2022
Sask canada
Heard from a few guys that they work really well. I have been looking at one to upgrade my 2019 camso dts 129 I like the mono rail feel and track would be nice with a bit more suspension and 30 pounds lighter. There is a tunnel not sure what that guy was talking about and also a rear bumper /grab handle

S
Dec 28, 2018
Washington
The rear bumper and handle are 3 feet infront of the track, might as well not even have a tunnel, and no leverage to lift the back of it with when the handle is that far foward, that whole thing looks aquard af, not just that part but the whole thing- it dosent make sense to me why anyone would waste their money updating a camso in the first place, your starting to not even be able to get parts for the camso skid and stuff anymore anyway, ( after owning one i wont go near those things again) ontop of whatever backyard mess of a "update" that thing is youll have to hope nothing breaks on eather half of camso stuff or the backyard "update" and when you go to sell it no one is going want to buy that cobbled together kit you cant get parts or support for

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
I've not seen that. I had the same thoughts about doing that to a Camso but in the end it just wasn't worth the effort. A few guys I know have built "Timso's" You take a 2013 Timbersled and bolt in a Camso suspension and track. The holes line up, no drilling and you drop some weight. You are then also stuck with the crappy Timbersled chain case set up and Harbor Freight tunnel assembly. My advice would be to contact Elka and buy the race shock for the Camso and get a custom Ti spring wound at Renton.

M5
The elka shock is not any better than the adjustable KYB that comes on later kits. Actually, I think the Elka valving is poor for anything but single, big hits.

I don't understand people bashing the Camso kit, yes it has it's limitation, but for the price, especially now used, is an excellent kit to have fun with. The issues are not that hard to solve either...

For the suspension performance, it would really benefit from having two shocks in the skid instead of a single one.

M
Jan 14, 2004
The early Camso kits were pretty bad but by 2019 they had the bugs worked out with the exception of the ice guard on the brake rotor. The Yeti got the same track as the Camso not the other way around. The 2017 and 2018 Camso track was soft and the paddles either folded over or tore right off. When they changed the durometer all that went away. Camso put the same track, different rail spacing on the 2020 Yeti. I still prefer that track over the new Yeti track but the new Yeti track is pretty good too. The 2020 Camso kit is very solid, all the bugs are gone.

I'm sure they stopped making it for a variety of reasons but in the end it's likely the same reasons they quit building the Yeti. I know a guy who stuck 2 Cat rails together at the monorail spacing and made a custom skid with 2 arms and 2 shocks, a pretty conventional design. It works really well. With proper boggie wheel spacing you can dial in the tippy to your liking. Its in an OG TS frame.

As was stated for the price these days used, they work really well way better than an OG TS. Once you are riding in deep snow the lack of suspension or the weight are non issues. It sucks as a jumper though, real bad. I lend mine out to newbies as it is the easiest kit for them to learn on. I have a complete Yeti front end on mine which smartens it up a lot.

My guess was that most of the haters had early kits and got a bad taste because lets face it the kits kind of sucked but if you can find a 2019 or 2020 kit new or used they are pretty solid for the money, read here friggin cheap.

M5

A
Nov 14, 2017
My first kit was a Camso. The ski was trash (or maybe I was just a trash rider?) but really the track in the deep snow was fantastic. I was really confident in deep snow with that kit. I broke the frame twice just riding it around (I don't jump). Fixed both times under warranty, but after the second time I had enough and I sold the kit.

I then had a TS MH 120 and then a SX120 and both of those kits struggled in the deep compared to the camso. I never full regained that deep snow confidence until this year when I got a TS Aro 129 3".

For the money, the Camso kits performed exceptionally well in the deep snow. Its just too bad they didn't keep improving the kit.

CHarding

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 3, 2019
I dont know about the earlier kits but I had a 2020 Camso kit on my Beta before I put a CMX on it, I still have it. Good solid kit, I ran it for a year and a half and had no issues with it. Real easy to ride, great track, will pretty much go anywhere that any other kit will. Not for every style of riding but great for a lot of people.

They are definitely not as light or ride as light in the front end as some of the newer kits are getting to be. I didn't tinker much with setup on it to try and make it better, other than stiffening up the forks which made a ton of difference. I just rode it and had a blast. I definitely like my CMX a lot more for sure but I would ride my Camso tomorrow no worries. Probably going to put together an extra/ newbie bike with it for my sledding buddies to try out if they want to see what biking is all about. ?

My 2 cents.

Premium Features