• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boyesen Power Reeds on turbo??

S

Snopro_69

Anyone ever try the Boyesen power reeds for the M1000 on the stock M8HO cages for a turbo running 8-12 LBS? There a two layer reed with the thicker part on the outside edges where the reeds always fail. Smoked the stock ones at about 400 miles. Called Boyesen today and they actually have a single stage replacement one meant for turbos and that's what they recommend but already got the others in there. Think is a bad idea??

Got a buddy who just put in a set of the turbo specific reeds. Certainly too early for feedback.

My worry with the power reed concept is now you have two sets of "outer edges". As always, curious about new tricks. Keep us informed as to how they do.

When I take my sled apart this summer I will see what my turbo boyseen reeds look like. I know I have been sucking hot air, but only running 7-8lbs boost. I am not sure what to expect.

i was sucking some hot air for 2 days when first put turbo on....I got 400 miles outta stock ones so not terrible i guess?? Also when i toasted mine was in revy when it was so F'in deep 8LBS to the bar all day long wasent even enough in the trees and was WOT for 4 days! Lemme know what yours look like. Just tested mine down here at 2200 feet in Sask, runs great. Couple more trips to Revy this year and then ill check em in summer.

Make sure you report back with some pics! There are a lot of people on here looking for reports/ideas/data regarding this very topic.

Make sure you report back with some pics! There are a lot of people on here looking for reports/ideas/data regarding this very topic.

Dont worry I will!! haha Im just getting into the turbo scene but do alot of research and do all my turbo work myself so Im looking for same thing. Got email from Boyesen today and they "dont recommend" the ones i put in but oh well....And they said get the Single Stage Turbo ones the others guys are talking about. (Prob be throwing those in over the summer unless the Power ones i have in now look ABSOLUTE MINT after finishing this season)

Dont worry I will!! haha Im just getting into the turbo scene but do alot of research and do all my turbo work myself so Im looking for same thing. Got email from Boyesen today and they "dont recommend" the ones i put in but oh well....And they said get the Single Stage Turbo ones the others guys are talking about. (Prob be throwing those in over the summer unless the Power ones i have in now look ABSOLUTE MINT after finishing this season)

Just a suggestion: Carry a spare set of stockers in your tool kit. We have had to change reeds out in the mountains(luckily not on mine). It took a little time, but at least we didn't have to drag a sled out over ridge and valley....LOL

well guys ran 11-12 LBS in Revy this weekend for 3 days.... 120-130 miles...Thinking on the 2nd day running 11 on a REAL long pull...(tried to get outta it as much as i could to be nice to it) I think i chipped these Power Reeds cuz shes got the bog in the bottom end..Still ran fine for the whole next day from 8 in the trees to 12 again on some long pulls...Gone working for few weeks and in the process of moving so when i get it apart to take a look ill let ya know and pics

have 200+ on mine 2012 proclimb, ovs, no cooler, been running from 12-15lbs and havent noticed any problem yet. unless they break I wont be taking it apart till summer. funny thing is my stock ones were fine other than 1 broke the entire peddle off so it wasnt chipping the reeds when I changed at 500 miles.

have 200+ on mine 2012 proclimb, ovs, no cooler, been running from 12-15lbs and havent noticed any problem yet. unless they break I wont be taking it apart till summer. funny thing is my stock ones were fine other than 1 broke the entire peddle off so it wasnt chipping the reeds when I changed at 500 miles.

what you mean your stock ones were fine?? did you just dig into them at 500 and a whole peddle was missing and it still ran fine??? (confused) i had whole peddle missing and it would pour so much fuel it wouldn't even run on that side

Anyone finish up the season on the turbo reeds and have feed back? Gunna have to start working on sled an ordering some add ons cuz this plus 30 is depressing me!

what you mean your stock ones were fine?? did you just dig into them at 500 and a whole peddle was missing and it still ran fine??? (confused) i had whole peddle missing and it would pour so much fuel it wouldn't even run on that side

1 reed broke at the base, none of the reeds had any chipping on them. When the reed broke the sled stopped. Have 300+ miles on the boysen was running fine when I put it away,, probably take it apart in a month to look at it before the season starts.

Please update your findings when you pull the reeds. I for one am very interested to see reeds pulled from these motors when the sled still runs well.

Premium Features

Back