• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BOV question

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
This is a question about BOV sensitivity, the BOV on my push turbo is the BDX pro port, I'm not sure if it come directly from push with that BOV or not, anyways it gives me the option to increase or decrease I believe sensitivity by just twisting it. Im not sure how sensitive I want the BOV, I rode the sled once and it only opened up after it built around 6psi or more and let off the throttle. Not sure what the pros and cons are to it being more or less sensitive? Anyone?

The way i understand it is your bov should be open at idle and close on boost or when vaccum goes away it takes a very light spring to acheive this.

BOV should stay closed at idle and under boost. When you chop the throttle, it's supposed to open.

I ran mine pretty tight. Not as tight as you could go. But maybe one rotation looser then fully turned in.

This is a question about BOV sensitivity, the BOV on my push turbo is the BDX pro port, I'm not sure if it come directly from push with that BOV or not, anyways it gives me the option to increase or decrease I believe sensitivity by just twisting it. Im not sure how sensitive I want the BOV, I rode the sled once and it only opened up after it built around 6psi or more and let off the throttle. Not sure what the pros and cons are to it being more or less sensitive? Anyone?

http://www.frozenboost.com/stpg.php?page_id=bov

A simple easy to understand explanation of how and why to adjust your BOV

Premium Features

Back