• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BOV install......

T

TheBreeze

I want to test a BOV on my sled next season just to see what happens. I was intending to use a Silber BOV installed into a silicone coupler, with a mount for a 1" BOV.

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/prod...d=455&osCsid=d4594cf851ad2dc11360f4bbc8a20151

I do not run oil injection, so I would like to use the oil fittings in the reed boots as the ports for the reference line. In the past, I have heard this is not the best option because premix can accumulate in the reference lines, and make a mess.

So, I was thinking why not turn the reed boots upside down, so the oil fittings face up? I don't think the boots are angled at all, but had no reason to pay that close of attention in the past. Any thoughts?

I used the oil tubes with the boots turned upside down on my 2011 M8 and it worked peachy

I believe Twisted uses the oil fittings and I don't think they flip the reed boots. Hopefully Shain will see this thread and chime in.

Premium Features

Back