• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost Leak Test

T

TheBreeze

Finally got around to doing a boost leak test on my M8 Boondocker Race gas with turbo pipe and intercooler.

The only leaks were on the exhaust side of things. Specifically at the y pipe doughnut, and pipe to turbo flange. From the compressor to the motor there were no leaks at all. Should I even worry about the slight exhaust side leaks?

The one thing that was strange to me, is that air pressure was leaking from the vent hole in the turbo oil tank, and when filling the system with air, I could hear air bubbles coming out of the oil in the oil tank. What does that mean? Normal?

For sure try and address them. What spring setup are you using on the y-pipe? Silicone the turbo flange. I had a pin hole leak in my flex bellow pre-turbo "the boost approved ones" and it was a noticeable improvement when fixed.

I am using the high tension springs from boondocker. I can easily fix the leaks with high temp silicone, but that stuff seems to just burn off IMO. I was going to silicone the flange, but a thicker gasket seems like it would be a good idea.

Anyone have any input on air pressure leaking out through the turbo oil tank vent?

Thanks! I thought that may be the case, but have not had a turbo apart acutally see the insides of where all the action is.

Premium Features

Back