• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BOONDOCKER TURBO WIRING HARNESS PARTS/ BATTERY FROM PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
I have a battery harness for a Boondocker Turbo off an 11 PRO. Never got around to using this, It is a painless wiring harness with a small battery that you can use to power all the power accessories for the turbo.

Make me an offer.

Got this kit from Phil, here is the cut from his thread explaining the configuration:

Just doing an update to the already long DC power thread. If you haven't read it and are wondering why to install a battery instead of hooking up to the DC power plug read DC Power on a PRO.

Parts needed:
Painless CirKIT boss 70213
Stock Electric start harness part #2411513
then a battery of your choice depending on what you plan to run

Using the fuse block from painless makes install very easy and super clean. It is a 3 cirquit fuse block with 3 ignition hot wires. You run 3 wires, Power, ground and an ignition wire to excite the fuse block (I chose to use the DC power as my excite wire just because I still wanted to have the ACC plug later if I wanted to add something. Just using the little bit of power to excite my cirquit I don't think will hurt anything because wants its excited your running off your battery). Next you will plug in the electric start harness and run 2 wires to the battery (positive/charging, ground) after that its easy as hooking up your accessories to the already included power wires coming out of the fuse block. Here is where my experience comes into play. I hooked up my Turbo oil pump, AFR gauge and my Electronic boost control to the 3 cirquits of the fuse block. I used a UB1213 battery which is 12v 1.3ah. This battery was not big enough to handle the load of the 3 things which I was using. Worked fine at 6500 rpms+ but not lower. So I moved to a 12v 5ah battery and all is well. Doing this makes the sled run Noticeably better at idle and starts so much easier. Before my gauges would flicker in and out without giving it a little throttle at idle.

turbo 016.jpg turbo 017.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features

Back