• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker RG M8 turbo numbers

PistonBroke

Premium Member
Hey guys,

The wife is running a 2009 D&D 901 with race gas boondockers kit. We are getting closer and closer on tuning the fuel numbers but want to know that we are going in the right direction. Currently running 8 psi on 91 pump at 5000+ elevations.

I don't have the current settings at hand but will tomorrow and will post. The base fuel map is almost all zeros, and we have some values in the boost numbers. What I am curious about is what the box considers low vs. high boost? At 8 psi, am I tweaking in the PsiL category or the PsiH?

LO MD HI
PsiL
PsiH

We are seeing 12.8 ish on the A/F and peaks of 1300 and a bit higher on the EGT's. I want to get the A/F's down to 11.0 and thinking 1250 on the EGTs.

Any advice appreciated!

Pistonbroke

Any help

The transition point from PSI Low, to PSI high is based on your CR number.

Take your CR number and divide by 4.33 or 4.5 and that will tell you at what boost level the PSI high (secondary) injectors are controlling the tune.

Thanks TheBreeze - that is precisely what I was looking for. I think my CR is 21 or 25 (can't remember exactly), which would give a transition point of right around 5 psi.

It looks like I should be pouring the fuel to it in MD and HI within the PsiH range.

Thanks for the help dude!

I posted my numbers on here a while back

do a search on turbo for av8er, is this my old sled, did u buy it in kalispell, i forgot your snowest name, anyhow my boonie numbers are posted

do a search on turbo for av8er, is this my old sled, did u buy it in kalispell, i forgot your snowest name, anyhow my boonie numbers are posted

Yep, this is your old sled. Those numbers aren't quite working for us right now. But after rebuilding, fixing and making it a brand new sled it rocks!! You wouldn't even recognize it!! LOL

The transition point from PSI Low, to PSI high is based on your CR number.

Take your CR number and divide by 4.33 or 4.5 and that will tell you at what boost level the PSI high (secondary) injectors are controlling the tune.

Was thinking about it again this morning. Does the BD box blend the PsiL and PsiH values around the transition point dictated by the CR in the same way it blends the values across the RPM range?

Thanks for all the help guys :face-icon-small-coo

there u go sledpiggy, I recognize that name

what all have you done to her

what all have you done to her

OK, you asked....

-New top end to fix 4 corner cold seize on both cylinders. Luckily was ablke to hone both sides and save the jugs
-New DD BDX Lite case, drive shaft and complete hi-torq gear set (planetary sun gear was broken)
-camo extreme 156
-Racer's edge skid
-full guage mount added boost guage and AEM A/F
-new bearings throughout drive case,brake,and skid
-new hood and wrap
-new primary clutch + correct spring
-MODS skis and corrected alignment

Here are some pics for you Av8ter!!

Yep, this is your old sled. Those numbers aren't quite working for us right now. But after rebuilding, fixing and making it a brand new sled it rocks!! You wouldn't even recognize it!! LOL

Told ya you wouldn't recognize it!! LOL

Took my hood, seat and 156" Camo Extreme track off my old sled... installed cold air intake
Cold air intake.jpg

Installed A/F, EGT and Boost guages, Hubby built a wicked bracket for them! :face-icon-small-coo
Gauges.jpg

Bought Mod Skis - They ROCK!!! :rockon:
Mod Skis.jpg

Bought a Racers Edge skid - It rocks too!!
Skid.jpg

Premium Features

Back