• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

boondocker racegas m7 turbo help tuning

hey everyone just wondering if anyone out there would be so nice as to explain the steps of tuning a turbo and the easyest ways to do it i bought this kit used on here and have no idea the steps i have to take to set it up and was wondering if anyone could tell me if they think i could get away with 10 pounds of boost on a 50/50 mix of 110 av gas and premium fuel any advise would be gladly excepted thanks
kyle

You need to talk to whoever you bought it from and ask a few ????'s Like what fuel do I need to run @ 10#'s to be SAFE in your experiance. Then you need to learn how use your fuel controller w/ your AFR or EGT, then well....Sh$t I suggest you ride with someone that has some experiance with your set-up.

Seriosly though, I had an M7 Bonnie R/G and they are finicky. There is no DET sensor, and if your running the stock head I wouldnt run more then 10#'s on straight AV. Error on the side of caution untill you have a way better understanding of whats happening.

Have fun:face-icon-small-ton

I AGREE

DO NOT GO ABOVE 10 lbs on straight avgas, on my boonie last year i was going 7.5 lbs on 91 , 9lbs on 50/50 mix 91 /race mix, i'm currently running 9-10 lbs on avgas at 5-8k

It would take pages and pages to explain everything about tuning a turbo. spend hours and hours online reading... Read the install kit instructions for the cpc turbo kit (I found it helpful when first starting out). Read all the instruction manuals for your fuel controller and components.

Read http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/turbo_tech_basic

Go over Every component of your kit and understand its function including wiring.

I dont think I have ever found an all inclusive book on how to tune one. The technologies out there change so dang fast its hard to keep up. like the other guy said, Best bet is to have a buddy that's been there done that which will save you lots of time and money. its ok to be an idiot and ask lots of questions, just do your homework and it should run. I dont know a whole lot but if you have q's feel free to ask maybe i can help

good luck!

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back