• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker PG no boost

skunk75

Premium Member
I have a 2010 m8 with a BD pump gas turbo. Today while riding it quit building boost. upon inspection I found the small hose that goes from the waste gate actuator to the charge tube was unhooked. The sled was just in to get new reeds. there is another longer hose that comes out of the side of the actuator. It is two feet long and is unhooked too. Where does it go?

After I hooked up the short hose to the charge tube, the sled still doesn't build boost. I also noticed the sled would over boost today before it quit building any. It tries to build a little but then falls on its face now.

Any ideas? Sitting in the lodge blows.

reroute lines

the charge tube line goes to top 0f boost cylaniod .line from actuator goes to side of boost cylaniod bottom fitting vent to air .

Is your motor ok?

Did you check and make sure air box is still attached to throttle bodies?

Is your turbo still spinning freely?

The 2 ft line should be unhooked. If that line poped off your ebc the ebc and bd box would be sensing No Boost when you were getting boost and the waste gate would have been staying closed as well which would have made it over boost! Both are bad The fuel pressure would still rise though! But I would think would run like **** after that line came off! She would have probally went quite lean!

I would pull power valves and take a look at Top end!

Thanks for the help. We got it figured out. The next problem is the throttle cable is way out of adjustment. Time for new mechanic.

When they put reeds in they didn't get the hose between the actuator and the tube hooked back up. Blew the o ring out of the intake. Motor seems good. Now the problem is adjustment of throttle cable. Sled idles at 4200 rpm. Won't idle down.

THROTTLE CABLE

you're gonna have to double check their work ,1 check cable end ball is in holder on throttle body correctly. 2 check that they put the jam nut on the right side of bracket .3 check for full throttle ,push flipper to bar and then pull up throttle rack and see if it is hitting the end stop. important check and make sure oiler linkage is hooked up ,it could be jamming the rack .

No boost

I changed my reeds and am pretty sure everything is hooked back up properly. The only problem I had was the small threaded hose that screws into the top of the airbox. Would not go on straight and is most likely cross threaded in there. What is it for and would it effect my sled not building boost. Everything else seems to check out. Any suggestions?

Premium Features

Back